Dion Jordan Likely to be Cut | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Jordan Likely to be Cut

They invested too much to just cut him at this point.
They will make room on this roster because they owe it to themselves to do anything to get some sort of return on him.
who's invested too much in him? he hasn't seen the field for the current organization, you would be better off saying they've invested too much in the players who are at practice every day to cut one of them for someone the last organization drafted. the team has no investment in jordan.

who's invested too much in him? he hasn't seen the field for the current organization, you would be better off saying they've invested too much in the players who are at practice every day to cut one of them for someone the last organization drafted. the team has no investment in jordan.

Yes - It would be a shame if this guy made the team without ever even showing anything due to injury. I realize there's the concern we cut him and he goes elsewhere and turns all-pro, but with his history, I think he has to show something before he takes someone else's spot on the roster. It's starting to become a hostage situation with this guy.

I'm pretty damn curious to see if the man can play, aren't you?

Ya in the back of my mind, there is still that itch to see what he can do.

I could see us trying to stash him for awhile on some kind of injury list, to let him get fully healthy and than get a better evaluation on him.

Fede and McCain could make it hard to give him a roster spot right now.

If we put him on PUP he can have six weeks to get into football shape, all the while we see who's best to keep out of Fede and McCain.

Yes - It would be a shame if this guy made the team without ever even showing anything due to injury. I realize there's the concern we cut him and he goes elsewhere and turns all-pro, but with his history, I think he has to show something before he takes someone else's spot on the roster. It's starting to become a hostage situation with this guy.

There is a better chance we cut him he goes on a bender that makes Josh Gordon blush and ends up banned from the league then becoming a All-Pro.

Well thought out. But he I don't believe he will be cut. Traded maybe but not cut. Sorry I don't see it.

Well thought out. But he I don't believe he will be cut. Traded maybe but not cut. Sorry I don't see it.

Tell what team is stupid enough to trade for a player that's shown nothing on the field and is one more failed drug test away from being possibly banned from the league?

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 13m13 minutes ago
Gase said Howard is closer to practicing than Jordan.

They invested too much to just cut him at this point.
They will make room on this roster because they owe it to themselves to do anything to get some sort of return on him.

You've obviously never understood the concept of a "sunken cost". You don't throw good money after bad.

Could there MORE to this story?

I wonder if there may be more on the political and financial sides of Dion Jordan.
Perhaps the Dolphins are not convinced that all of Dion's issues are behind him and there may be benefits to putting him on the PUP at the beginning of the season.

Not only to stash him there in case of injury around the week 9 time frame, but also in case he relapses in his compliance criteria, it could financially benefit the Dolphins in that they may get some additional cap relief? :ponder:

Not trying to be Mr. Conspiracy Theory here, but there may be more pieces to the Dion Jordan puzzle. Seems like none of this has went well for either side and will end up being a complete bust. Too bad. SO much wasted potential.
:bobdole:

Hopefully, some team will give us a pick (Probably a McPick 2) or something for him at the end of the day....

Correct if I am wrong, but Dion has guarantee money for the next couple of years. It is not financially smart to release him. If he gonna count against the cap for the next couple of years might as well develop him.

It's my understanding all guaranteed money was forfeited with the suspensions. He actually owes Miami money.

turn+out+the+lights+the+party's+over.PNG

Back
Top Bottom