Dion Jordan Likely to be Cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Jordan Likely to be Cut

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Posted by Jay Lopez
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] As I read all of the articles mentioning that Dion Jordan is slated to be a DE, I can't help but ruefully chuckle. This is classic coaches' doublespeak. When Vance Joseph told us today that Jordan would be evaluated at Defensive End, he was really telling us that Jordan would not make the Dolphins final roster.

At this moment, the Dolphins are deeper at DE than at any other position. As Adam Beasley delicately points out, Chris McCain and Terrence Fede are on the bubble, with one of them likely to be cut unless there is a camp injury above them in the pecking order. Where, then, does this put Jordan? In street clothes, on a practice squad, or as a short-term Patriot so Belichick can pick his brain for schemes before showing him the door.

I don't mean to be unfair to a still young man trying to find his path. He may well find a spot on another, less talented defensive front. But I do mean to close the door on this silly non-story. Watching Dolphins writers nervously wonder when the NFL would reinstate Jordan, whether he would be in shape, whether Kiko Alonso thought Jordan was a good player, all of it was meaningless. This team moved on from this disastrous decision when we switched coaching staffs.

It would have been nice to hear that Dion was "totally engaged" in meetings when he was first drafted. Instead, we all discovered that the team had wasted a draft trading up for a non-entity who was only drafted out of fear about covering a tight end tandem that the legal system was soon to dismantle. Let's face it: Jordan was a bust, is a bust, and shall be a bust. Let this last rusting, vestigial trace of the Philbin "era" gently slip away; let's save our attention for players who will earn their keep.

More at LINK:
http://dolphinblog.bitchindave.com/2016/08/dion-jordan-likely-to-be-cut.html

Interesting opinion. Your thoughts? :ponder:[/FONT]

I don't think he is anywhere near being cut. He has not had a fair shot at any position yet.

I don't think he is anywhere near being cut. He has not had a fair shot at any position yet.

Well would have to respectfully disagree. The second preseason game is upon us which he will most likely not play in so how is he even going to have an opportunity to earn a roster spot. It was an uphill battle to begin with and on top of it he has or had a knee injury.

The only other option would be to PUP him besides outright cutting him. It won't surprise me to see him get released though.

Bring him back to cut him before he even suits up?

But do you think they cut someone else and give him a roster spot before they can really evaluate him and judge him against the other players on the roster?

The PUP is really to only option I see at this point.

I believe he will be on the PUP to start the season as well. THEN he can be evaluated later and perhaps even traded? We will see.

But do you think they cut someone else and give him a roster spot before they can really evaluate him and judge him against the other players on the roster?

The PUP is really to only option I see at this point.

I think they will see it through with Dion. We tend to overrate players values this time of year. Out of all the guys on the DL that are on the cusp, Dion is the only one that has the potential to be a break out player.

you can't practice on NFI/PUP, and once you start camp on it, you can't come off it to practice and go back on it to start the regular season. is all that correct? if so, when would they even have a chance to evaluate him?

He's in the wide 9 now, better fit for him as a DE, but I still like him more at OLB.

you can't practice on NFI/PUP, and once you start camp on it, you can't come off it to practice and go back on it to start the regular season. is all that correct? if so, when would they even have a chance to evaluate him?

I'm pretty sure you could come off of it, and go back on, but if you go back on, you have to wait until week 6 and can wait up to week 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly could be axed but it won't be before he's on the field and can show the staff if he's worthy of sticking around.

Back
Top Bottom