Dion Jordan Likely to be Cut | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Jordan Likely to be Cut

Ummm the link says it all..... .bitchindave.com.... what a silly article.

It's my understanding all guaranteed money was forfeited with the suspensions. He actually owes Miami money.

Not saying this isn't true . . . but just goes to show you that there is so much confusion in regards to terms in his contract that I don't think anybody knows exactly the situation financially.

Only one thing is certain . . . his base salary is around $600,000 this season if on the roster.

Not saying this isn't true . . . but just goes to show you that there is so much confusion in regards to terms in his contract that I don't think anybody knows exactly the situation financially.

Only one thing is certain . . . his base salary is around $600,000 this season if on the roster.

I know. After weeding through much garbage that is sort of where I ended up. It was based on the last article I read...

That clause calls for the Dolphins to pay Jordan a $1.69 million bonus to keep him. Otherwise they have to cut ties somehow.

Well, multiple reports are saying that bonus is moot. One report said it is no longer owed. That is not factually true. The Dolphins would still owe it. Another report said it is no longer guaranteed. That is more vague and closer to the truth.

What I am hearing from a source is that the Dolphins do indeed have that clause hanging over their head.

But I am also hearing that Jordan has a responsibility for having to return $3.35 million in signing bonus money he got as the No. 3 overall selection in the 2013 NFL draft. Jordan has to return that portion of his singing bonus based on his multiple suspensions. And, I'm told, that money has not been fully returned yet.

And so, as the player owes the team nearly twice what he would be owed as a roster bonus, in actuality he's not getting a dime of that bonus because he owes the team more than they would owe him. The Dolphins are going to keep him on the roster anyway.

So that big decision on the fifth day of training camp has already been made, as far as the Dolphins are concerned. If he's reinstated today or by Friday, he will be on the roster until such time that 1. He makes the team. 2 He doesn't make the team and is cut. 3. He is traded.

who's invested too much in him? he hasn't seen the field for the current organization, you would be better off saying they've invested too much in the players who are at practice every day to cut one of them for someone the last organization drafted. the team has no investment in jordan.

Tell that to Stephen Ross.

who's invested too much in him? he hasn't seen the field for the current organization, you would be better off saying they've invested too much in the players who are at practice every day to cut one of them for someone the last organization drafted. the team has no investment in jordan.

didn't they move up in the draft to get him?
thats some sort of investment IMO

I'm pretty sure their gonna do everything possible and try and get this guy on the field before they follow your stupid ass advice and just cut him.... but you know everything right?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

You've obviously never understood the concept of a "sunken cost". You don't throw good money after bad.

I'm pretty sure their gonna do everything possible and try and get this guy on the field before they follow your stupid ass advice and just cut him.... but you know everything right?

are we comparing mccain to dion jordan? i get it, jordan has effed up, and mccain is showing some pass rush ability in practice. but don't fool yourself that there is any similarity between the two players athletically or talent wise. 1 dion jordan is = to or > 10 (100? 1000?) chris mccains (or terence fedes for that matter). dion jordan has elite skills, and it is up to the staff to see if they can bring that out of him (and no, i'm not specifically referring to pass rush ability alone).

I beleive PUP is where to put him to make sure Gase gets a full evaluation unless we are talking about lots of monies. Dion covered Gronk pretty well his rookie year I believe as a linebacker which is why I question we are putting at DE a area I beleive he struggled in here after playing linebacker in college. Also we are fairly thin at linebacker so why would yuu take someone whom might have a world of talent and have him play in a position he has struggled in a area your team is deepest in and not play him in a area you are thin at that he excells at. Much like the Dallas Thomas issue that keeps resurfacing what are the coaches thinking.

well, phintim, one of the issues is he was weighing about 275 when he came to camp. even if he is listed at DE, i hope they're smart enough to realize he should be about 255 or 260 and play the hybrid DE/OLB role in the wide 9.

I know nothing about suspension regs but does "no communication" also include medical procedures?
First thing I thought of was since he had no contact with the organization any procedure would have to wait until his return.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I think Dallas Thomas stands out as the perfect example of this coaching staff starting everyone with a clean slate. Jordan included. I suspect he'll be on the PUP to start the season to give them as much time as possible to make a sound decision.

Silly idea...too much potential, why cut him when momentum is in his favor for once?!

Back
Top Bottom