Dion Jordan Worst high pick ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Jordan Worst high pick ever?

Finland

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dion has to be the worst first round pick by Miami ever. I know there are ample threads on this but wow,
the guy is either getting a procedure or taking the wrong drugs. I wish we didn't have to even have reports on him.
So he just got his knee cleaned up again. OK. He must of damaged it watching Miami on TV.

I am beyond being through with the worthless bum. He will never do a damn thing for our team. He is just dead weight. He's the Ireland gift that keeps on giving. The biggest bust in Dolphins history. Just pathetic.

Due to injury, but from a production standpoint Yatil Green is in the running.

I keep forgetting about this dude, honestly. I'm glad. I don't wanna waste time thinking about it.

You could literally fill out a lineup with all of our failed first and second round picks since around 1984. It's amazing we haven't folded as a franchise.

Without trying: DE John Bosa, NT Eddie Blake, DE/OLB Eric Kumerow, DE Dion Jordan, DE Philip Merling, two 1sts traded for Hugh Green (Lb), Jackie Shipp (traded up in the 1st) LB, Rick Graf, LB, DB Jason Allen, CB Jamar Fletcher, CB Jamar Taylor

QB Henne, QB John Beck, QB Pat White, RB Sammie Smith, Lorenzo Hampton, RB John Avery, RB Daniel Thomas, RB JJ Johnson, WR Scott Schwedes, WR Yatil Green, WR Teddy Ginn, OT Billy Milner, OT Jonathan Martin, OG Andrew Greene....

That pathetic list (I am sure I am missing some), covers only 1st and 2nd round picks. These names should have been core players and were not. Some were plagued with injuries, but the fact that they were failed picks stands.

The bad FO defect is going on 30 years at this point.

And yet our GM Chris Grier was in charge of scouting, and these are the guys he scouted. And he is the GM. Yes, something is wrong. From the head down

You could literally fill out a lineup with all of our failed first and second round picks since around 1984. It's amazing we haven't folded as a franchise.

Without trying: DE John Bosa, NT Eddie Blake, DE/OLB Eric Kumerow, DE Dion Jordan, DE Philip Merling, two 1sts traded for Hugh Green (Lb), Jackie Shipp (traded up in the 1st) LB, Rick Graf, LB, DB Jason Allen, CB Jamar Fletcher, CB Jamar Taylor

QB Henne, QB John Beck, QB Pat White, RB Sammie Smith, Lorenzo Hampton, WR Scott Schwedes, WR Yatil Green, WR Teddy Ginn, OT Billy Milner, OG Andrew Greene....

That pathetic list (I am sure I am missing some), covers only 1st and 2nd round picks. These names should have been core players and were not. Some were plagued with injuries, but teh fact that they were failed picks stands.

At least Lorenzo Hampton played some meaningful football for a few years. I don't think Eddie Blake even played for the Dolphins, even after they switched him from defensive line to offensive line.

What makes jordan the worst is the fact we moved up for him wasting a 2nd round pick in the process.

Ozzy rules!!

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

QB Henne, QB John Beck, QB Pat White, RB Sammie Smith, Lorenzo Hampton, RB John Avery, RB Daniel Thomas, RB JJ Johnson, WR Scott Schwedes, WR Yatil Green, WR Teddy Ginn, OT Billy Milner, OT Jonathan Martin, OG Andrew Greene....

That pathetic list (I am sure I am missing some), covers only 1st and 2nd round picks. These names should have been core players and were not. Some were plagued with injuries, but the fact that they were failed picks stands.

You forgot Jay Brophy who was a 2nd rounder after Shipp and you know what's bad? Lot of those were Shula's picks. Yes, the bad drafting started with him long before everyone else came on board

Ozzy rules!!

There are some bad ones on that list...many I recall all too well as a long time fan. Realistically though you could take any franchise in the NFL and come up with an ugly 1st and 2nd rnd bust list over the last 30 years. I've seen a lot of "sure things" not pan out.

It sure would be nice to hit on the next few years though!

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article106202047.html

Dion Jordan, who underwent surgery to his left knee in the summer, needed to have the knee “cleaned back up” since the start of the regular season, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told the Miami Herald.

There is no definite timetable for the former No. 3 pick’s return, but the Dolphins have not ruled him out as far as playing in 2016.

In the days after what has been described as a “minor” procedure, Jordan was seen around Dolphins campus on crutches. And in recent days, Jordan has been conspicuously absent from the group of players who rehabilitate outside while their teammates practice.

Dion Jordan =

68597856.jpg

Due to injury, but from a production standpoint Yatil Green is in the running.

Yatil Green tore his ACL in both of his first two seasons. Dion seems like more of a blunder. Man O man.

I thought we were going to have something special after the trade up, good god. There was the whole draft to choose from, so sad.

I guess the point of the post is "he is hurt yet again" and such a waste.

Back
Top Bottom