Direct Tv Retention | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Direct Tv Retention

If you don't have Direct TV and have a relative in college you can get Sunday Ticket for about $100 on the internet with a student package. Another benefit for my having a daughter in college. ;)

I get the ticket free though my X-Box console. That's all I'm saying.

I was considering getting an X-Box.
How does that work? Stream or Directv? Never had one before. TIA

Have had Sunday Ticket since 1997. Never complain about the price because it has so much entertainment value for me.

I bitch and moan every year about the Ticket cost. Then my wife will remind me it would cost more to go to one game. That aleives my cheapness for the moment and I just pay the damn thing.
One thing I don't do is pay incrementally. I would rather pay the whole amount up front and not have my bill go sky high for 6 ****ing months.

The key I found over the 20 Years I've had the ticket is to call and complain about cancelling. My key is to never sign a contract that would go over than 1 year. Many years they'd give it to me for free out right. The last 2 seasons I agreed to a 1 year contract for the ticket and red zone for free. Even in the past i had a jackass rep and cancelled my service, just to call right back and get the ticket and movie channels for 6 months free. Just plan on having at least an hour to be on the phone, but it's always worked for me. If you're under contract they have you pretty much in a tough place to negotiate unless you get a good rep.

Here's my strategy. I re-up my contract 2 mo before football season every year. I only sign up for 1 year, and usually able to get Sunday Ticket for free. If they give me any pushback I say thanks but no thanks. Then call back to cancel by telling them I will just sign up for Redzone with my cable provider and get my service costs dropped and get NFL Sunday ticket for free.

Tips:

Sign one year contracts
The longer you are a customer, they better deals you get.

I was considering getting an X-Box.
How does that work? Stream or Directv? Never had one before. TIA

I bitch and moan every year about the Ticket cost. Then my wife will remind me it would cost more to go to one game. That aleives my cheapness for the moment and I just pay the damn thing.
One thing I don't do is pay incrementally. I would rather pay the whole amount up front and not have my bill go sky high for 6 ****ing months.

So you give them more of your money all at once, instead of holding on to it yourself for longer....Every bank and investor in the world would say that's a terrible idea lol...

Here's my strategy. I re-up my contract 2 mo before football season every year. I only sign up for 1 year, and usually able to get Sunday Ticket for free. If they give me any pushback I say thanks but no thanks. Then call back to cancel by telling them I will just sign up for Redzone with my cable provider and get my service costs dropped and get NFL Sunday ticket for free.

Tips:

Sign one year contracts
The longer you are a customer, they better deals you get.

I think El Calebra should try some of this, especially if hes been with them multiple years, could probably save a whole lot of money

I tried last year. Got flat stonewalled and trust me, I know how to argue. Now, I probably caused that as I've done it every year and they keep a log. Definitely have no choice but to have Sunday ticket especially with Phins only playing at 1pm. Can't just watch whatever they pick for me for 4pm games (if they pick anything at all). Evidently unless there is a double header, CBS shows either shark vacuum infomercials, snowmobiling (a real grabber down here in SFla, or other nonsense). I actually called the head of local programming and wore him out over it. He actually called me back and said they have no option unless it's an official double header.

I'll make them my pm project today and lets see how I do.

I've had direct tv since 1997 and gotten the nfl ticket every year; started getting the baseball package in 2011. Always got great deals on the baseball- sometimes they'd even give me more in credits than the actual baseball package cost(ie - 20$ off a month for a year = $240 but the baseball package only costs $180). Never got good deals on football, maybe $5-10 off per month. Last year they gave me zilch on the baseball, and I NEVER paid anything close to full for baseball; often never even paid half. Since ATT took over customer service has sucked balls. But with baseball, considering the amount of available games it's really nitpicking if you divide the price of the package per game- it's still a steal. I do call up and threaten to cancel, go to supervisors, but in the last two years they do not yield very much. I think it has to do more with ATT- previously Direct TV would always work with me and do something. But really, other than football baseball and the news I pretty much don't watch tv anymore. Netflix has all I need.

I've had direct tv since 1997 and gotten the nfl ticket every year; started getting the baseball package in 2011. Always got great deals on the baseball- sometimes they'd even give me more in credits than the actual baseball package cost(ie - 20$ off a month for a year = $240 but the baseball package only costs $180). Never got good deals on football, maybe $5-10 off per month. Last year they gave me zilch on the baseball, and I NEVER paid anything close to full for baseball; often never even paid half. Since ATT took over customer service has sucked balls. But with baseball, considering the amount of available games it's really nitpicking if you divide the price of the package per game- it's still a steal. I do call up and threaten to cancel, go to supervisors, but in the last two years they do not yield very much. I think it has to do more with ATT- previously Direct TV would always work with me and do something. But really, other than football baseball and the news I pretty much don't watch tv anymore. Netflix has all I need.

I just switched to ATT and you get 42 dollars in saving a month on Direct TV. And I called Direct TV 2 weeks ago about my bill. And ask about the football package, and the lady told me she couldn’t find a charge for it. I ask if it was a promotion, she said no. That it just looks like there not going to change you for it this season. But to call up a week before the season starts to make sure.

I've got a way to cut cable all together, PM me if interested...no I'm not selling anything

I cancelled them and went to DTVNOW. 50.00 a month and got 3 months free, and a free roku stick. I'll have to see if I'm going to get ST but so glad I made the switch!

Back
Top Bottom