Disappointed with Ricky????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disappointed with Ricky?????

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
I put this in another thread but it got no responses....I just want to hear some other peoples thoughts on this....
I'm not sure which one of the Saints guys mentioned this but, whoever it was was right, Ricky is very susceptible to getting tripped up. He can runover anybody but, his stride is so short, and he doesn't bring his knees up high enough so, he ends up getting taken down easily if anybody gets near his feet.

It also looks like he doesn't have the great balance....the ability to keep his feet under him....that seperates the good ones from the great ones.

I like him and he is a top running back and I think he can have a great career, I don't think, at this point that he is going to end up in the same class as Jim Brown or Gale Sayers but I do see him in the same class as a Jerome Bettis or a Franco Harris. (two Steelers....hmmm..strictly coincidence, I swear).

Has anybody else been "just a little" disappointed with RW?

No way, I love the way the guy plays all balls out. Love his attitutude and desire to win. He is a huge part of the reason why we will win the superbowl this year.

Considering what we have had in the past.....NOT IN THE LEAST.
I think we all knew what we were getting, and knew he has some faults, but I think we have gotten more. With his social thing undercontrol and with the loss of pounds, he has been more than I anticipated. I knew he would get shut down some , and have outstanding days, but he has remained the treat we have needed as long as the rest of the O does what it needs to.

not even a little bit... Ricky is easily the best RB we have had in nearly a quarter of a century and has done more for this offense than I had even hoped for (I was just hoping for 1200-1300 yds and at least 4.0 YPC and I would have been thrilled) he is running above and beyond my expectations this year.

no, but I am disappointed in that they do not throw him the ball enough - he had 60 catches last year. :confused:

I agree w/what you're saying (usually do ;) ), but was not really expecting him to be a Faulk-like RB more like an Earl Campbell like RB :D

As a person, I am think he c/b one of the greatest Fins of all-time is he finishes it w/us.

Run Ricky Run

Up here in Ohio on the sports talk radio for Cleveland most of the callers are whining that the browns didn't try harder to sign Ricky.
As a fin fan I am happy with what Ricky has done so far but I agree with dolphan39 they need to work him into the passing game a little more often

But does anybody SEE the short stride and him getting tripped up alot?
Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great back and I'm very happy to have him, I was just wondering if getting his knees higher and lengthening his stride is something he can work on to improve?

Originally posted by inFINSible
But does anybody SEE the short stride and him getting tripped up alot?
yes, he has those Keith Byars-like baby steps. Seems like the Bills did a great job of going way under his pads to take his feet out, but he still falls forward for a couple of extra yards.

I guess what you are seeing is a little of what NO saw when they decided to go w/Deuce

That's where I got the idea to watch for it.....

Can something like that be worked on? Or is it just "the way he is"?

im actually dissapointed in norv turner that he hasnt gotten ricky the ball more. Norv hasnt really put it all together like i thought he would. many will disagree but im sorry, i just call it the way i see it. ricky should have about 30 more carries so far this season.

Originally posted by inFINSible
That's where I got the idea to watch for it.....

Can something like that be worked on? Or is it just "the way he is"?
that a great question, you should submit it to Ask Alex! or
Ask Andy Cohen

I'm dissapointed we are not seeing more screens and runs OUTSIDE the tackles... His speed isn't the best but he has shown he can be dangerous on the outside.

NICE THREAD!!!!

I am also dissapointed that Brett Farve doesnt scramble well like he used to, I dont think Marshal Faulk runs well through the tackles, I dont think P. Holmes has that breakaway speed, I am very disappointed that Torry HOLT is not very physical, I am dissapointed Ray LEWIS doesnt drive into his tackles hard enough and I am disspointed that JIMMY SMITH does catch the ball out from his chest, BUT MOST OF ALL i am disappointed in the topic of this thread. WHAT A JOKE. THe man is on pace for 1700 yards rushing and 500 yards recieving and your talking about BALANCE and little steps. What a country we live in.

Wow. I can't believe this was actually brought up. Let's just bring back L. Smith.

Back
Top Bottom