DISCLAIMER Not officially licensed by Saban or Boomer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DISCLAIMER Not officially licensed by Saban or Boomer

mbsinmisc said:
Im a WVU fan and Henry has all the skills it takes to be great at the next level. People rag his attitude, but I have a different take on that. He is just very competetive. I also like KJ Harris(WVU) he is a big fast rb. He got dinged a little in college, but he is a homerun threat at any time. I live in SC now and the wr from USC Troy williamson is raw, but he is a friggin specimen. My last word on Matt Jones is that he is not just a natural athelete, he is a football player. I thought he would be a steal before the draft, and then he put up those combine numbers and everyone is on his bandwagon.This is SEC country, Myrtle beach, and on the SEC show every saturday The coach opposing ARK went out of their way to stress how unstoppable he was. He was a running back playing QB. That is what people dont understand, I know running routes is not a given, changing posistions is always a risk. But this guy is elusive strong and tough. Look at his stats He averaged like 6 yards a carry, not on 20 or 30 carries , but on a few hundred over his career. I am from WV, big moss fan, noone is just like Moss, but this guy reminds of RM athleticism. Moss runs like a deer, real light, long strides, Ive never seen Moss caught from behind. Jone is not as light on his feet but he is almost as fast and he ran over college (SEC level) linebackers all the time. That is a combo that I have never seen in any player. I just wish Mortensen would shut up so GMs dont analyze this kid out of the box, because out of the box Matt Jones might be the best football player in the draft.

Thank you, that's the kind of explanation I was looking for. Still not sold on him at 18, though. :wink:

His Dudeness said:
i missed the memo that said the vikings were that stupid to trade a mid first round pick, to only move up 5 spots...
Well then you havent watched the draft the last few years when they let time expire on their pick instead of just taking what they could get to move down.

Minnphin said:
Thank you, that's the kind of explanation I was looking for. Still not sold on him at 18, though. :wink:
Agree on that and I completely dig the marion barber pic! Ive been on that bandwagon for much of the season.

Shifty187 said:
The Vikes dont want to pay #2 money and the Chiefs dont even want to give us a 2nd rounder this season!

Pipe dream!

The Vikings have a BOAT-load of money. What makes you think that?

Minnphin said:
I just don't get the big deal about Matt Jones. He's tall and he can run fast, so somebody's going to make him a first day pick? Who knows how he's going to transition to the wide receiver position in the pro game. Unless its somebody like Philly with a good team and all those picks it just doesn't make sense to me. WAY to risky for us to do anyway if you ask me.

:yes:

Dubfire said:
The Vikings have a BOAT-load of money. What makes you think that?
Well the Vikes always have a boat load of free cap space cause their owner is a cheap turd. However with another wr i think they could be a very good team which alone may make it worth it.

mbsinmisc said:
Because he is 6'6" weighs 240,and runs a sub 4.4 forty. He didnt play WR because he was a friggin QB.

Exactly, he was a QB. Had he been good enough to play WR, he woulda been playing WR. It's like when Eric Crouch tried to play S. Please people, get off the guy's d**k. He's a PROJECT at best.

Boik, I think you have the right idea. Wheel and deal baby! Hard to say whom we would exactly end up with, but if our scouting department is as good as advertised, we could get a nice aquatic mammal bellyful of top prospects who fell through the first rounds into our outstretched fins; (ala Will Poole, McMicheal, Chambers, ZT, JT.............). Then we bring them all into camp, and see which ones can kill sharks. All the time we're saving cap money for more proven FA talent and veterans. Plus we map out our future.
I like Spears, Crowder, and Campbell. Barber sounds good too!

P A T I E N C E!!!!!!!

:cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude:

RichmondWeb said:
Boik, I think you have the right idea. Wheel and deal baby! Hard to say whom we would exactly end up with, but if our scouting department is as good as advertised, we could get a nice aquatic mammal bellyful of top prospects who fell through the first rounds into our outstretched fins; (ala Will Poole, McMicheal, Chambers, ZT, JT.............). Then we bring them all into camp, and see which ones can kill sharks. All the time we're saving cap money for more proven FA talent and veterans. Plus we map out our future.
I like Spears, Crowder, and Campbell. Barber sounds good too!

P A T I E N C E!!!!!!!

:cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude:
Thanks. Thats how I feel. Depth>>>>>>>1 star. Thats what we need to get away from. We've had the stupid star system for years where we expected 5-6 guys to do everything but thats not a team. Learn from NE and Philly theyre loaded on depth and kids that can step in and ball.

dubfire, i disagree. a qb is a more valuable posistion than receiver. im not on anyones #$@%, i m just tired of people saying he is merely a workout warrior or a project. he produced in a tough conference, in hoops and football. i predict stardom. only time will tell.

DonShula84 said:
Matt Jones at 18 is a horrible reach

:yeahthat:

Barron, Clayton, Hawthorne, Jamal Brown, Cadillac(if avaliable) but Matt Jones? Please.

:mad:

Matt Jones at 18? This is just my thought but a team that was as bad as the Phins should not take a player who is going to take longer than normal to convert to a different position. I don't think the Vikings will offer the 7th and 18th pick to the Phins, and I don't even know if that's enough I do not have the value chart in front of me though. If they do I would still think one of the RB's will be available at 7 and that Clayton, Williamson, or White would be better options if a WR were to be selected, but I would rather see a DT brought in.

Back
Top Bottom