DISCLAIMER Not officially licensed by Saban or Boomer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DISCLAIMER Not officially licensed by Saban or Boomer

mbsinmisc said:
I am by no means a draft expert, but here goes. I assume trade #2 to Minn for 7/18 and pat for KC #2 this tear and 3 next year. #7 derrick Johnson #18 Matt Jones #46 Jason Campbell 4th round Anthony Munoz 5th round KJ Harris 7th round Defensive Line / BPA Sorry for the format , I am kind of stupid when it comes to these fancy typewriters.

I like the trade idea, but hate the picks. Sorry. If we have the # 7 we are getting Smith or Rogers, if one falls (i know this will not happen. If not we will go with one of the 3 top RB's. Then at 18 we trade down again and try to get the 3rd best QB with our next pick (not sure who that is at this time...Frye???). Get a Safety in the 2nd (if we have a pick there). The rest of the draft will be BPA to add some depth.

I actually like your idea the best thus far, even though I desperately want Ronnie Brown.

mbsinmisc said:
I am by no means a draft expert, but here goes. I assume trade #2 to Minn for 7/18 and pat for KC #2 this year and 3 next year.
#7 Derrick Johnson
#18 Matt Jones
#46 Jason Campbell
4th round Anthony Munoz
5th round KJ Harris
7th round Defensive Line / BPA

as amazing as matt jones is...hes never played wide receiver he'll go late first to mid second...

mbsinmisc said:
4th round Anthony Munoz

I'd take Anthony Munoz in the forth round even at the age of 46... his sone Mike Munoz might be more the way to go though... he's a little younger...

If he had 3/4 the talent he's dad had I'de take him #2 over all for sure!

I just don't get the big deal about Matt Jones. He's tall and he can run fast, so somebody's going to make him a first day pick? Who knows how he's going to transition to the wide receiver position in the pro game. Unless its somebody like Philly with a good team and all those picks it just doesn't make sense to me. WAY to risky for us to do anyway if you ask me.

His Dudeness said:
i missed the memo that said the vikings were that stupid to trade a mid first round pick, to only move up 5 spots...

Ummm....remember Herschel Walker!!!!!
:roflmao:

When I put this mock together I factored in several things. I weighed them on a scale of 1 to 10.
1) Is RW coming back? Will he be effective?
I concluded he will come back, probably not the player he was 3 years ago, but still a solid player.
2)Our needs.
Playmakers on offense, Youth on defense, 1 stud on the Oline, A young high upside QB, good young players anywhere.
3) Worth of players vs.posistions with most need vs. BPA
4)Players we can release if draft pans out
5)Are we 1 good draft away? 2?, 3?
Now I will defend my picks.
#7 Johnson, Great athelete, could be a dominant OLB
#18 Matt Jones, If you could draft the next Moss would you ?
#46Jason Campbell (sub any QB you like of appropriate group/ available)
3rd Wilkerson/baas/ Hawthorne Big young stud on oline or dline
4th Munoz If he stays healthy could anchor line for 10 years.
5th Harris Solid player Would make Minor/Gordon tradebait cap relief fodder
7th BPA aflyer on someone who was hurt or a small college guy, or whomever Saban likes.

mbsinmisc said:
#18 Matt Jones, If you could draft the next Moss would you ?

What in god's name would make you think that Matt Jones is going to be the next Randy Moss? The guy has never played a down at wide receiver. If speed was all that mattered, Michael Johnson would be a HOFer.

Because he is 6'6" weighs 240,and runs a sub 4.4 forty. He didnt play WR because he was a friggin QB. Which one do you think is harder? Plus he played BBall and those skills translate to receiver very well. Who would you pick with that pick?

heard it all before, but your lies aint working now..look whos hurting now, said youre lies aint working now, look whos hurting now.................

mbsinmisc said:
Because he is 6'6" weighs 240,and runs a sub 4.4 forty. He didnt play WR because he was a friggin QB. Which one do you think is harder? Plus he played BBall and those skills translate to receiver very well. Who would you pick with that pick?

I'm not arguing that he's a physical specimen, because he certainly is that. Taking a guy who's never played the position your projecting him for with the 18th pick in the draft just doesn't make sense to me. Especially when you can get a guy like Fred Gibson who's got comparable numbers and has actually played the position before in the second round. Or Larry Brackins or Chris Henry in the third. Both of those guys have issues, but at least they've played the position before and could be gotten for much cheaper. If we had the eighteenth pick in the draft, I'm not 100% sure who I'd take there. I liked Thomas Davis there before we got Tebucky. Now? I'd take a look at Williamson if he were still there, Khalif Barnes would be an option as would Mark Clayton.

I'm not trying to slam your mock. Overall, I think it's a very good one. I just don't understand the sudden fascination with Matt Jones and your thread was the one I decided to take my frustration out on. :evil: We can't afford to miss with #2 (or #7 and #18) and he just seems to be too big of a risk.

Im a WVU fan and Henry has all the skills it takes to be great at the next level. People rag his attitude, but I have a different take on that. He is just very competetive. I also like KJ Harris(WVU) he is a big fast rb. He got dinged a little in college, but he is a homerun threat at any time. I live in SC now and the wr from USC Troy williamson is raw, but he is a friggin specimen. My last word on Matt Jones is that he is not just a natural athelete, he is a football player. I thought he would be a steal before the draft, and then he put up those combine numbers and everyone is on his bandwagon.This is SEC country, Myrtle beach, and on the SEC show every saturday The coach opposing ARK went out of their way to stress how unstoppable he was. He was a running back playing QB. That is what people dont understand, I know running routes is not a given, changing posistions is always a risk. But this guy is elusive strong and tough. Look at his stats He averaged like 6 yards a carry, not on 20 or 30 carries , but on a few hundred over his career. I am from WV, big moss fan, noone is just like Moss, but this guy reminds of RM athleticism. Moss runs like a deer, real light, long strides, Ive never seen Moss caught from behind. Jone is not as light on his feet but he is almost as fast and he ran over college (SEC level) linebackers all the time. That is a combo that I have never seen in any player. I just wish Mortensen would shut up so GMs dont analyze this kid out of the box, because out of the box Matt Jones might be the best football player in the draft.

mbsinmisc said:
I am by no means a draft expert, but here goes. I assume trade #2 to Minn for 7/18 and pat for KC #2 this year and 3 next year.
#7 Derrick Johnson
#18 Matt Jones
#46 Jason Campbell
4th round Anthony Munoz
5th round KJ Harris
7th round Defensive Line / BPA

I like your mock, though i would get the best RB available at #7

Back
Top Bottom