Discuss Chuck Pagano of the Ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Discuss Chuck Pagano of the Ravens

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
I posted this in one of Hayden's posts but thought it needed to be it's own topic as not to hijack Hayden's post.

One name I read on Friday night that is RUMORED, I stress this word, to be on the list of interviews is Chuck Pagano, the DC with the Ravens. I have followed this guy since his DC days at the University of North Carolina. He is intriging because when he was at UNC, he build a great defense that was attacking and dominating. Then he gets the call to the Ravens to be their DB's coach. Then he gets elivated to DC when Ryan went to the Jets. Pagano has built tough, agressive defenses in both places. Yes the Ravens were good when he got there but had slipped some under Ryan. When Pagano took over their defense became dominating again.

I have read many times that how players really respect Pagano and love his leadership skills. I for one want him to interview in Miami. He might be the sleeping giant coach Miami needs.​

looks a little like Sparano, so thats all I need to know about the guy. Hire him.

63834658.jpg

Ray Lewis highly respects him and has said he is ready to be a HC but is Ross looking offense? I would hope that doesn't matter but....

Ray Lewis highly respects him and has said he is ready to be a HC but is Ross looking offense? I would hope that doesn't matter but....

You know I have been back and forth with this idea that we have to have an offensive minded HC. IMO this isn't as important as his offensive philosophy and who he hires as his OC. If his offensive philosphy is as aggressive and attacking as his defensive philosophy then that is good enough for me. He will need to get the right OC.

I wonder if he's one of the guys on playoff teams Ross was referring to. Baltimore assistants have a habit of becoming very good head coaches in the league, so I certainly hope we would speak with Pagano.

IMO his performance alone justifies a close and serious look. Also some of that "Harbaugh Boys Magic" will hopefully have rubbed off on him.

Back
Top Bottom