[Discussion]- Marino or Young | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Discussion]- Marino or Young

Marino made believers out of everybody. The other teams defense feared him everytime he took a snap. Marino is the better QB then Steve was. Marino also made the players around him play harder and smarter football.

I think Marino was the best QB ever to play the game. That's my answer.

Jt0323 said:
put reasons why...
Reasons aren't needed. It's one thing to compare Marino and Montana....but Marino and Young?? :shakeno:

Marino played in a system where you knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it. The best player Marino played with was Dwight Stephenson (an offensive lineman)
Through the years, Miami only had an OK defense, and virtually no running game. Marino won games with his arm.

Young was in a system where the QB can really be a beast. His best sidekick was some dude named Jerry??? ( I hear he was "aight") Young is a great player no doubt, best lefty ever, but comparing him to Marino is really no comparison at all. Marino is the G.O.A.T.

By the way, did anyone catch Dan Marino: "Heart of a Champion" today? It was sweet man.

Here is the reason that Marino is better he played in Miami and Young played in San Fran that is not a shot against the Dolphins but those 49er teams were some of the best of their time and I will add if Marino played there instead of Young, Marino would have won more than one super bowl. Marino just never had the supporting cast in Miami and his talent was not enough to overcome the diffrence IMO.

Marino period. 2 QB's won SB's in San Fran because of the weapons. I tell you what,have Marino and Young swap teams, San Fran would have killed everyone, while Miami would have been sub 500. Put anyone else besides Marino in Miami, we would have been really bad. Montana and Young on any other team would have been ok at best. Young wasn't anything until he was traded to SF.

It sucks for Young to have to be in Marino's shadow come the induction ceremonies.
Ahhh blah WTF do I care..

Yea you know where I stand! :D :goodnight

Back
Top Bottom