Disgusted | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disgusted

Why would they boo him? They'll cheer for him for the same reasons you cheered for him all of those years.

The NFL is a business. You can become emotionally attached to a team like we all are, but we take it to extremes when we become emotionally attached to players to this degree. I love Jason Taylor for what he has done but I also understand that he has to do what's best for Jason Taylor and no one else. I can respect that.

We all say one thing and do another. I criticized our government for years. Today, I work for the government. Money talks. All of the blame can't be placed on Jason Taylor. The front office should shelter some blame as well. But the front office isn't a bunch of fans. They're businessmen.

Why would they boo him? They'll cheer for him for the same reasons you cheered for him all of those years.

The NFL is a business. You can become emotionally attached to a team like we all are, but we take it to extremes when we become emotionally attached to players to this degree. I love Jason Taylor for what he has done but I also understand that he has to do what's best for Jason Taylor and no one else. I can respect that.

But HE hates the Jets!!!!!

This isn't mild mannered Chad Pennington moving over to the Dolphins to prove to the Jets they made a mistake by scrapping him. Playing with a chip on his shoulder.

This is a guy signing with a team he HATES, whose fans he HATES, who has embarrassed him time and time again. Thats what i can't wrap my head around.

We all say one thing and do another. I criticized our government for years. Today, I work for the government. Money talks. All of the blame can't be placed on Jason Taylor. The front office should shelter some blame as well. But the front office isn't a bunch of fans. They're businessmen.

I don't place all of the blame on him, and i see your point about saying one thing and doing another. I've never really had a situation in my personal life where i go against my beliefs, but i like to think i would hold strong on my moral ground. Especially if i was already financially set for life and money was irrelevant (which it appears may have been a reason he went to NYC).

This is such bull**** it's not even funny. NOBODY wanted him? Rumors alone have said the Patriots wanted him. I'd rather see him go to the Patriots than the Jets, at least he didn't trash the Patriots and their fans on a routine basis. Now he does a 180 on that. I can't wait to see him coming out of that tunnel at Giants Stadium like the messiah, posing, after his press conference about how much he loves New York. He's a fraud. The fraud of all frauds.
Rumors!!?? Maybe you should have informed him or his agent about their interest. Look, JT has only one or two more years to play a game he loves. He'll never play again after these one or two seasons.... If I was in his shoes and wanted to play the game longer I'd have to bite the bullet and sign the contract. What about you? You'd let the team you lived and died for 12 seasons dictate to you that you can't work in your profession of 27-28 years?! Especially, when these same FO terds will be gone in two or three years and perhaps be trying to beat your team. Bottom line is JT is a Phin for life. The Trifecta are temporary Phins.
Go Phins!

TBH I don't really care anymore. He's a 36 year old has been. Let him do whatever he wants.

Rumors!!?? Maybe you should have informed him or his agent about their interest. Look, JT has only one or two more years to play a game he loves. He'll never play again after these one or two seasons.... If I was in his shoes and wanted to play the game longer I'd have to bite the bullet and sign the contract. What about you? You'd let the team you lived and died for 12 seasons dictate to you that you can't work in your profession of 27-28 years?! Especially, when these same FO terds will be gone in two or three years and perhaps be trying to beat your team. Bottom line is JT is a Phin for life. The Trifecta are temporary Phins.
Go Phins!

He dictated his own profession by getting heat with the Jets and his fans.....and now he buries the hatchet? He's a hypocrite, he's a fraud. I don't want to see him associated with this franchise anymore.

Our front office showed no interest in him. Like he was suppose to wait for them to draft and see if they still needed him....yeah right! The Jets rolled out the red carpet for the future HOF'er, while we showed him the door...good for him. Maybe he'll win a ring this year....we surely won't.

The only thing that could make me like this move is if we won a championship with him. We don't want to cheer for this pig, but if it helps win a ring and add to the Fins fans misery of us winning I'll be OK with it.

I don't place all of the blame on him, and i see your point about saying one thing and doing another. I've never really had a situation in my personal life where i go against my beliefs, but i like to think i would hold strong on my moral ground. Especially if i was already financially set for life and money was irrelevant (which it appears may have been a reason he went to NYC).

I can see your point but when is money ever really irrelevant? Think about it. Just because you're very wealthy doesn't mean you desire money less. And think about the difference between the state of New York and the state of Florida.

State taxes. Think about how much Taylor will have to pay in state taxes on that contract. How much did the Jets give jason to sign? I haven't heard an actual number.

One of the worst days in Dolphin History. The FO did not want him, but the jets? I just hope this does not come back to haunt us. And if he makes a couple of plays, the SOB will be doing the cheer with Dousher Ed. If he does well the jet fans will embrace him.We can only hope it blows up in their faces like the Favre debacle.

The only thing that could make me like this move is if we won a championship with him. We don't want to cheer for this pig, but if it helps win a ring and add to the Fins fans misery of us winning I'll be OK with it.

I mean can you honestly root for a guy who talked so much trash about your team over the years, who ripped you indirectly? I couldn't. It's not like having Wayne Chrebet sign with the Dolphins, to my memory he never said anything about the Dolphins just killed us every time we played him. This guy actually TRASHED you and your organization.....and now he plays for you. And now you're going to hear a bogus press conference about how he's always admired Jets football tradition and blah blah blah. He's a liar. Thats all it comes down to.

I mean can you honestly root for a guy who talked so much trash about your team over the years, who ripped you indirectly? I couldn't. It's not like having Wayne Chrebet sign with the Dolphins, to my memory he never said anything about the Dolphins just killed us every time we played him. This guy actually TRASHED you and your organization.....and now he plays for you. And now you're going to hear a bogus press conference about how he's always admired Jets football tradition and blah blah blah. He's a liar. Thats all it comes down to.

I honestly don't think I can. I hate the move. I understand he's going to be more productive than say ... Gholston, but ****, I could do that.

I honestly don't think I can. I hate the move. I understand he's going to be more productive than say ... Gholston, but ****, I could do that.

I mean i hate the Atlanta Braves, i hate John Smoltz because he's had a track record of ripping the Phillies and Citizens Bank Park. I wouldn't want to see him on the mound for my team in Philadelphia. I would however want Jayson Heyward or Chipper Jones (in his earlier years) because these guys are great players.....who i hate.....but because they are good not because they ripped my team.

I hated Pennington as a Jet because we couldn't beat him. I love him now because he's on my team, he's shown nothing but class. Thats more than i can say for Jason Taylor who ripped a team he just signed with. Benedict ****ing Arnold.

He dictated his own profession by getting heat with the Jets and his fans.....and now he buries the hatchet? He's a hypocrite, he's a fraud. I don't want to see him associated with this franchise anymore.

What kind of fantasy world do you live in? JT hates the Jest fans because most of them are obnoxious A-holes. Do you really think he'd like an obnoxious Fin fan just because he's a Fin fan? Do you idolize Parcells because he's now associated to the Phins after 5-6 years with these same Jets? Is he a fraud as well for going from the Giants to the Jets, to the Cowboys, to the Phins to the ......? Will you want this Front Office associated to the organization when they pull up their tents and relocate to Cleveland?
JT and his 127+ sacks and Defensive POY and HOF career represents this organization 10 times more than this "turn around team" ever will!
And you guys have the gall to question his loyalty?! Where's yours? To a Dolphin soon to be retiree HOF candidate or to a Corporate turn around team, who could give a rats arse whose colors they're wearing from one year to the next!

Back
Top Bottom