Disgusted | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disgusted

I realize i'm beating a dead horse here but i don't think i've ever had such a sickening feeling about a Dolphins player in all my years of being a fan. I'm enraged right now. How could Jason Taylor do this to us? How could he willingly sign with the enemy, a team who he's professed his hatred for over the many years he's played in Miami? It's just pathetic. How do you go sink low enough to sign with a division rival just because you want to continue a dwindling career that is hanging on by a thread? I know we didn't reach out to sign him.....But i truly believe had he waited until after the draft we would have. Has the guy not earned enough money? Is that why he signed with the Jets for a little bit extra than he would have gotten in another week or two.

Unreal.

I'm ashamed, ashamed to say i defended him all of these years.

This is absolutely classless on his part. He obviously has no regard for the fans who backed and cheered him for the last 13 years (even in DC).

I feel like my heart has been ripped out.

Dude if you are to be mad at anybody it should be at the FO for the way they treat players. Regardless of how you feel Taylor wants to play ball. He waited as long as he could for the Phins to make some kind of offer.

Even tho the jets offer probably would have been the better. He bit the bullet and went to a team he really didn't care for. So what! I am sure many of us have had to bite the bullet and do something we really didn't want to do. I don't hate Taylor. Why hate on the guy when all he wants to do is play ball.

Sorry but Tuna and the trifecta are not perfect. As we all know by the Pat White draft reach last year. And now with Taylor as he could probably beat out half of the LB's we have right now. Get over your hate of Taylor. And hate on the FO!!!!

Think it was a bad move for the Jets. He hasn't done anything in two years, and you're paying 3.75 mil. I don't blame him for taking that kind of money - considering his abilities. I guess you guys are kind of screwed in terms of draft picks, but I would have rather reached for an OLB in the 1st than overpay Taylor. I'll be surprised if he gives you six sacks next season.

What kind of fantasy world do you live in? JT hates the Jest fans because most of them are obnoxious A-holes. Do you really think he'd like an obnoxious Fin fan just because he's a Fin fan? Do you idolize Parcells because he's now associated to the Phins after 5-6 years with these same Jets? Is he a fraud as well for going from the Giants to the Jets, to the Cowboys, to the Phins to the ......? Will you want this Front Office associated to the organization when they pull up their tents and relocate to Cleveland?
JT and his 127+ sacks and Defensive POY and HOF career represents this organization 10 times more than this "turn around team" ever will!
And you guys have the gall to question his loyalty?! Where's yours? To a Dolphin soon to be retiree HOF candidate or to a Corporate turn around team, who could give a rats arse whose colors they're wearing from one year to the next!

Get real. I have no loyalty to a guy who doesn't care about his own fan base. Him signing with the Jets today was as good as taking his Dolphins jersey and lighting it on fire.

Parcells being a former Jet is irrelevant, he never trashed our organization. I like him because he's a great football mind/coach and the right guy to turn this team into a contender. I don't like his "cold" way of dealing with Dolphins veterans but i'll live with it if the decisions he make are right and help this team head in the right direction. I'm loyal to the team not the player.

The player, Jason Taylor, is not loyal to the team (and perhaps he shouldn't be) or the fans in this case. Thats why i HAVE to question this. He's nothing but a hypocrite.

Dude if you are to be mad at anybody it should be at the FO for the way they treat players. Regardless of how you feel Taylor wants to play ball. He waited as long as he could for the Phins to make some kind of offer.

Even tho the jets offer probably would have been the better. He bit the bullet and went to a team he really didn't care for. So what! I am sure many of us have had to bite the bullet and do something we really didn't want to do. I don't hate Taylor. Why hate on the guy when all he wants to do is play ball.

Sorry but Tuna and the trifecta are not perfect. As we all know by the Pat White draft reach last year. And now with Taylor as he could probably beat out half of the LB's we have right now. Get over your hate of Taylor. And hate on the FO!!!!

I am MAD at the F.O. i do not agree with Tuna and the Trifecta and how they treated Taylor (originally) or Zach Thomas (according to his accounts today) but i am even more irate that a guy who says one thing in the NFL, does another because of what.....an extra pay day? Then i have to hear bull**** about he had no other choice to sign with the Jets because nobody else was interested - thus he went against everything he's ever said.

JT was disrespected, fine. He signs with the Jets as REVENGE against the F.O.? What the hell do they care, apparently they don't even think he's good enough anymore. It's the fans who get the RAW deal here, but JT didn't care about that.

Get real. I have no loyalty to a guy who doesn't care about his own fan base. Him signing with the Jets today was as good as taking his Dolphins jersey and lighting it on fire.

Parcells being a former Jet is irrelevant, he never trashed our organization. I like him because he's a great football mind/coach and the right guy to turn this team into a contender. I don't like his "cold" way of dealing with Dolphins veterans but i'll live with it if the decisions he make are right and help this team head in the right direction. I'm loyal to the team not the player.

The player, Jason Taylor, is not loyal to the team (and perhaps he shouldn't be) or the fans in this case. Thats why i HAVE to question this. He's nothing but a hypocrite.

Hypocrite?!..... Are we talking principles here? I'm guessing when Jason gave up $8 Mil guaranteed from the 'Skins last year to sign for a little over a million with our 'Phins you thought of him as a scumbag traitor then too? Would you give up that kind of money just to be completely disrespected by these carpetbaggers of a FO that did not even have the decency to keep an appointment with him recently?
Where's your loyalty? To the team no doubt as is mine. And in fact I hope JT has a terrible year and the Jets tank as usual. But I'm talkin' legacy here, 5-10 years from now when none of these guys are still associated to the Phins. Who do you think will be remembered more favorably? By your tone you'd trash JT and his 12 years and sacrifices for some kind of principle that doesn't exist in your profession or football in general. And much less even by the people who run the FO.

JT was disrespected, fine. He signs with the Jets as REVENGE against the F.O.? What the hell do they care, apparently they don't even think he's good enough anymore. It's the fans who get the RAW deal here, but JT didn't care about that.

I think JT cared more than you think as he waited as long as he could!! And yes ultimately it is the fans who get the raw deal.
And signing with Jets would be a perfect way for him to get back at Parcells and co. Not saying you have to like it. But put yourself in his shoes or at least try. And ultimately it probably will all be about revenge against Parcells!!!

I'm guessing when Jason gave up $8 Mil guaranteed from the 'Skins last year to sign for a little over a million with our 'Phins you thought of him as a scumbag traitor then too? Would you give up that kind of money just to be completely disrespected by these carpetbaggers of a FO that did not even have the decency to keep an appointment with him recently?
Where's your loyalty? To the team no doubt as is mine. And in fact I hope JT has a terrible year and the Jets as tank as usual. But I'm talkin' legacy here, 5-10 years from now when none of these guys are still associated to the Phins. Who do you think will be remembered more favorably? By your tone you'd trash JT and his 12 years and sacrifices for some kind of principle that doesn't exist in your profession or football in general. And much less even by the people who run the FO.

He gave that up because he didn't feel like being involved in OTA's. He must have had a massive change of heart now considering how quickly he signed with the Jets. Good thing signing in New York keeps him close to his family in Florida :lol:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he signed with the Jets so he could get a part time job on Good Morning America.

But HE hates the Jets!!!!!

This isn't mild mannered Chad Pennington moving over to the Dolphins to prove to the Jets they made a mistake by scrapping him. Playing with a chip on his shoulder.

This is a guy signing with a team he HATES, whose fans he HATES, who has embarrassed him time and time again. Thats what i can't wrap my head around.

Perhaps look to location rather than team.

Boston not so great.

NY= Media attention, celebrity, guest spot on "Good Morning America" or a host of other shows, Media, .....Oh, and sucking up to the camera when they film "Hard Knocks"?

He has stated that he wants to be remembered as a "actor".

I'm sure his agent is giddy over the possibilities.

Perhaps look to location rather than team.

Boston not so great.

NY= Media attention, celebrity, guest spot on "Good Morning America" or a host of other shows, Media, .....Oh, and sucking up to the camera when they film "Hard Knocks"?

He has stated that he wants to be remembered as a "actor".

I'm sure his agent is giddy over the possibilities.

I truly believe this theory. How sickening is that though?

He gave that up because he didn't feel like being involved in OTA's. He must have had a massive change of heart now considering how quickly he signed with the Jets. Good thing signing in New York keeps him close to his family in Florida :lol:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he signed with the Jets so he could get a part time job on Good Morning America.

He signed with the Jets because NOBODY including our Phins wanted him. And truth be told I'd rather go younger anyways. What I can't stand is this pseudo-loyalty bs that the fans think they are due from people trying to hang on to a profession as long as they can. His loyalties are to his family first and secondly to the team that wants his services. The Phins decided to go elsewhere and never made an offer. Good or bad (and I think he had one more year since we are extremely thin there anyways) It's their call.

I realize i'm beating a dead horse here but i don't think i've ever had such a sickening feeling about a Dolphins player in all my years of being a fan. I'm enraged right now. How could Jason Taylor do this to us? How could he willingly sign with the enemy, a team who he's professed his hatred for over the many years he's played in Miami? It's just pathetic. How do you go sink low enough to sign with a division rival just because you want to continue a dwindling career that is hanging on by a thread? I know we didn't reach out to sign him.....But i truly believe had he waited until after the draft we would have. Has the guy not earned enough money? Is that why he signed with the Jets for a little bit extra than he would have gotten in another week or two.

Unreal.

I'm ashamed, ashamed to say i defended him all of these years.

This is absolutely classless on his part. He obviously has no regard for the fans who backed and cheered him for the last 13 years (even in DC).

I feel like my heart has been ripped out.

That last line was the same line I told my wife when Ricky quit to smoke weed.:boohoo: My wife still laughs at me for that line. As if my whole life depended on what Ricky did.

I think people are getting too rapped up in the mans own world. Our FO prob told him they had other plans and def once they dropped the meeting. JT gave us a chance but we are moving on.

JT should not be blamed for anything. It takes two to dance.

He signed with the Jets because NOBODY including our Phins wanted him. And truth be told I'd rather go younger anyways. What I can't stand is this pseudo-loyalty bs that the fans think they are due from people trying to hang on to a profession as long as they can. His loyalties are to his family first and secondly to the team that wants his services. The Phins decided to go elsewhere and never made an offer. Good or bad (and I think he had one more year since we are extremely thin there anyways) It's their call.

Not true.

We wanted him in November, offered an extension, he said no.

Considering the shape he's in, considering he still can produce, you can't tell me only one team in the NFL wanted him. If NOBODY wanted him they (the Jets) wouldn't have given him a deal worth 13 million dollars.

This is about what Taylor wanted. Which contradictory (what a surprise) to what he said LAST season is not to play in Miami anymore. He wouldn't wait until after the draft, he wouldn't sign an extension earlier, it's almost like he returned to Miami to up his value after a pitiful year with the Redskins and then go after the bright lights of NYC once again.

Oh well, can't wait for his SNL guest host spot since he's proven today how much of a joker he really is.

Back
Top Bottom