Ditka agrees: block better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ditka agrees: block better

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Add Mike Ditka to the list of people who believe the Dolphins need to improve their offensive line.

Ditka, who traded eight draft picks to get Williams while coach of the Saints in 1999, said Williams' production dipped in 2003 because of poor blocking.

"You have got to block better," Ditka said. "If you don't block better, I don't care how strong you are, it takes a lot out of you. Ricky runs hard, but you have got to block better or design better plays or something."
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...an29,0,6993261.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

exactly...

I just watched the Jax game again and it was amazing how many holds we had on runs and how many times the DLmen of Jax (who are good) overpowered our front 6 (McM). It was an absolutely pathetic display of blocking. Our #1 priority again has to be our OL

i totally agree...but the guy does have an agenda. he traded an entire draft for one player, and the better that player is, the better he looks.

true though, the line didnt even block a little bit until the redskins game. unacceptable.

Ditka will be explaining that move until he dies. However, potential 2,000 yard per season backs don't grow on trees and if he doesn't get around 1,800 per season there must be some reason for it and the O line is as good as any IMO.

wow!!! ditka says miami's oline needs to get better. He's a FREAKIN GENIUS!!!! I never would have guessed.....

ditka thinks all a team needs is an offensive line and a runningback. notice our first round picks when he was coach were OG Chris Naeole, OT Kyle Turley, and RB Ricky Williams. Turley and Williams being the only good players he ever really drafted in N.O.

Originally posted by Saint Greg
ditka thinks all a team needs is an offensive line and a runningback.

I'm thinking you could say he would say adding a good defense in there too would help. From what I remember, in 1985, Da Coach and his Bears had a strong offensive line, a decent running back...what's his name...yeah, Walter Payton......and a defense. What did they do? Win the Super Bowl.

2 of 3 doesn't cut it in this league. Actually 2 of 4. Da Bears had a much better coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom