Dixon back to guard??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dixon back to guard???

Agree on Norv. I don't see him here for too long. I'd be overjoyed if we have him next year.

Obviously, we know what we've got in Ricky. But Kruetz is the kind of guy that makes the entire line better. He can block a DT all by himself. He's smart, strong, quick, and tenacious. Just look at the guy. I mean, he's only 285 lbs. But you'd never know. He's built like a brick sh*thouse. Massive legs/thighs. Our attempt to Kreutz not only represent our commitment to winning now, but just how good our staff thinks he is and how much of a difference they think he'd make.

Re: Re: Dixon back to guard???

Originally posted by PhinKev
I don't mean to flame ya, but this has got to be one of the worst ideas placed on this board in a long time. Dixon can't stay healthy so we are going to screw with even more of our line up to move him to a spot where he is going to take more of a pounding and do this in the middle of the season?

I've had my share of bad ideas too, but hopefully no one remembers.

i agree, what we need to do is get into their backsides with some coaching and start cracking the whip. our porblem is bigger than the oline but the oline does need to get its act back together. they can do it, they just need to get into that mindset. if we win in GB, i will feel much better about them.

Originally posted by fin-atic
We will be btter with Dixon on board. I agree about Perry. He is a doughboy. We also could use a dominant center. Ruddy is good, but not dominant. I look to see us pick up some more O line help this offseason.

We just drafted a center.

Originally posted by Muck
Don't blame Todd Perry for Wade's poor play. Perry has by far outperformed Wade the last two seasons. He's tough and is doing a good job this year. Conversely, Wade continues to get his ass whooped on a weekly basis. And he's facing players who aren't nearly as strong as the DTs that Perry faces.

As for Dixon, there's no way we move him back inside. He's proven that he can't stay healthy inside. Hell, he can't stay healthy outside. Plus, we moved him outside for two reasons......

1) Lack of depth at OT. Spriggs has been ok. But he's not as good as Dixon.

2) Nails and Perry solid play

If we were to move Dixon back inside, not only would he have to learn a new position......but the offensive line would have to go back to square one as far as timing and cohesion goes.

Muck....

Watch Perry closely as the TV coverage will allow you to next game. Perry has outperformed NO ONE!

I understand that you for some reason disagree right now....
Just make a point of watching him next game. You will be quite suprised how often Perry's knocked into our own backfield..... on running plays!

Re: Re: Dixon back to guard???

Originally posted by PhinKev
I don't mean to flame ya, but this has got to be one of the worst ideas placed on this board in a long time. Dixon can't stay healthy so we are going to screw with even more of our line up to move him to a spot where he is going to take more of a pounding and do this in the middle of the season?

I've had my share of bad ideas too, but hopefully no one remembers.

Damn.....

I don't know that it's that bad!

:p

Actually, if you follow the Fins, you would remember that is where he has played all along and where he begged to stay playing. It would'nt be screwing with him at all.

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Muck....

Watch Perry closely as the TV coverage will allow you to next game. Perry has outperformed NO ONE!

I understand that you for some reason disagree right now....
Just make a point of watching him next game. You will be quite suprised how often Perry's knocked into our own backfield..... on running plays!

You mean you're actually going to sit there and tell me that Todd Wade and has outperformed Perry?? Seriously.

I watch our games a lot during the week. Not just on gameday. And I've seen every one of our lineman beaten. It happens. I think you've got the Denver game on your mind. I know the exact plays you're thinking about.

You want to talk about somebody getting pushed back......watch Todd Wade. You know Jay's Fiedler's broken thumb?? You can thank Todd Wade for that. I think Jay had nightmares about Todd Wade's backside. Lord knows he's seen enough of it when he drops back to throw. He looks like 325 lbs of chewing gum out there sometimes.

I'm sorry, but you've got Perry all wrong. I guess we'll see some good stuff tomorrow night. Perry will be facing Gilbert Brown (if I'm not mistaken). And Wade will probably see KGB on a few plays when he flips to that side.

I agree with Muck,,Wade has not had a good year...his rookie campaign kinda fooled us..if he up his play this line would be awesome....and he is the cause of Fielder broken thumb..go back and watch the tape...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I agree with Muck,,Wade has not had a good year...his rookie campaign kinda fooled us..if he up his play this line would be awesome....and he is the cause of Fielder broken thumb..go back and watch the tape...

I never said anything about who's fault Jay's thumb injury was.
All I ever said was the Dixon would be a huge improvement over Doughboy Perry at guard and maybe Dixons nasty play next to Wade would wake him up. Then the line would be improved more overall, RATHER THAN Dixon replacing a lineman that is playing very well in Spriggs.

But on the other hand, Perry is a much more durable player. Dixon just can't stay healthy in the scrum. Dixon is much better off out in space playing next to a solid guy like Nails than in the scrum next to Ruddy and Wade.

Moving Dixon would also eliminate any semblance of depth we have at OT.

Originally posted by Muck
But on the other hand, Perry is a much more durable player. Dixon just can't stay healthy in the scrum. Dixon is much better off out in space playing next to a solid guy like Nails than in the scrum next to Ruddy and Wade.

Moving Dixon would also eliminate any semblance of depth we have at OT.

That is a negative of the situation I'd agree with.
It's not going to happen anyway more than likely.
Was just curious to everyones input.
We have to have something to talk about after 2 Sundays without Dolphin football!

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
For what it's worth, I'm guessing that a couple other parts of making the dollars work under a Kreutz scenario would have involved extending Jay at something less than we paid and ditto on that re-write we gave Ricky. And it's interesting to note each of those guys would have agreed to marginally less if those negotiations took place with Kreutz already wearing aqua and orange.

On the field, we would have seen Ricky doing even more up the middle. Maybe we wouldn't even have learned how quick he CAN head outside, turn the corner and burst. :)

BUT, ... to me, the main thing about our being willing to pay Kreutz that much was that it represented a commitment to completing the team to WIN NOW. And given the speculation that Norv is Jones' first choice to replace Campo at Dallas, winning NOW looks pretty damn important. :) Any thoughts?

From what I understand, Bruce Coslet is first in line to inherit that job. No doubt Norv will get some consideration though......

From what I have seen. Perry is getting dragged down by Ruddy/Wade's horrible run play and Wade's lack of pass protection. Wade needs to pick it up or we are going to have to start using the RB's to help cover for him.

If I had to make a wild guess for changes next year I see Ruddy gone being replaced by Seth McKinney. I see Wade sticking but it will be one of those "earn your next contract" years. Hopefully Nails gets resigned. Then we either draft a LT or sign a FA LT somewhere.

Back to the original post, I couldn't agree more. With Spriggs or Dixon at LT RW has enjoyed 90% of his sucsess running to the left side. To add to that Dixon is a natural guard, and with his ankle it may be smarter to let him play inside, so he doesn't have to take long steps to get out side. When the defense has blown up the line and gotten to the QB is as been from the inside. Do you guys remember the reverse where the DT blew through the line and got to Ray before he could hand it off? Wade and Perry have been the weekness we should let Spriggs stay where he is, and have Dixon replace one of the 2.

VanDolPhan...another genius move by spielman, we signed him to a two year deal at the min. so he is signed next year already.

Totally disagree...

... so far I think Perry has had the best year of all our OL, I repeat so far. RW's get's most of his big plays and total yards from the right side of the OL, not the left side.

Sometimes ppl need to use their own eyes and stop going by what TV guys, and newspaper guys have to say. I have news for all of U, they don't have the time and in most cases if they did they wouldn't even know what they are looking for to give an educated opinion about OL play.

My next BEST OL would be a tie between Ruddy and Nails. One of the BIGGEST disapointments has been Wade. He has played solid, but he's too damn TALENTED to be playing just solid. If it wasn't for Perry I would have to drop Wade's performance to just AVG.

Also I think Nails is 2 times better at LG than Dixon ever was, mainly because Nails has Dixon playing next to him. We need to leave Dixon right where he's at, and hope he can stay healthy. If not we go with Spriggs, he's been solid. He had a few break down on pass protection but has looked real mean on rush blocking. Not as GOOD as Dixon, but Dixon is our BEST rush blocking LT in prob 17-years.

I think your over all assessment of our OL is way off. No offense.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Trekbiz
I for one would like to see the Fins put Mark Dixon back to Guard and toughen up that soft middle of the O- Line that we have.
Dix is a tough SOB and we need that back in the middle of the line.

Besides, Spriggs is doing a good job and Perry would look much better on the bench as a reserve.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom