CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
DIxon Will not start

Thursday, October 23
'I cost this team a win,' Mare says

By Jamey Eisenberg, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Thursday, October 23, 2003

Dixon back: Mark Dixon practiced mostly at guard and some at tackle, but coach Dave Wannstedt said Dixon will not start against San Diego on Monday. Wannstedt said the best-case scenario for Dixon, who has not played this season because of an ankle injury, is just to get some playing time and see how he responds.

Wannstedt also said Seth McKinney will continue to rotate with Tim Ruddy at center, but the starting unit will remain the same.

"We're just going to continue looking at it," Wannstedt said. "There's not going to be any wholesale changes at this point. But we could realistically get those guys some playing time. I don't see anything wrong with that."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_f37915516024907500a5.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg.

Find someone off the street. Anyone can do just as good if not better then the way these guys are playing.

Wanny is in denial. Maybe Dixon just isn't ready and he can't start, but to say we aren't going to make any changes is nuts.

When you rush a guy like Ruddy back in the lineup after two weeks when he was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks, you know you're in trouble.

A question for everyone who saw him in training camp, is Whitley that bad ? And what about the undrafted rookie (forgot his name), couldn't he see some action at left gard ?

i am starting to get the feeling that Dixon's injury will linger throughout the season, he will continue to cash his paycheck, and then retire at the end of the season. i could be totally wrong, i guess we will see...

Dixon was putting probowler-type season at LG and I would be happy to see him back there. I absolutely loved Nails last year but this year he doesn't bring the same impact.

CarolinaFishFan, I agree 100% with you...I just can't see Dixon playing fulltime from here on out and not missing anymore action. He's injury prone. I don't think he'll come back from this...and if he does play...i just don't see him playing for an extended period. My guess is he'll be on IR before this season is over.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Dixon was putting probowler-type season at LG and I would be happy to see him back there. I absolutely loved Nails last year but this year he doesn't bring the same impact.

Is this pretty much because of his injury? Man, he was good last year.

Players with that kind of injury need almost two years to come back to normal. Unfortunately we need someone to block for Williams & Fiedler now.

Back
Top Bottom