DJ Fluker transformed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DJ Fluker transformed

While it does appear he has done a good job transforming his body. Hopefully that will translate to him being more productive on the field.
Spoken like a person that only watches Dolphins games.... smh Fulker has been a probowler before.

Spoken like a person that only watches Dolphins games.... smh Fulker has been a probowler before.
I think Fluker is decent and better than what a lot of people believe. However, I don't think he's made a pro-bowl. Are you sure... I could be wrong.

I like the idea of Skura at center with the 4 youngsters, Eichenberg, Jackson, Kindley and Hunt. You then have vet reserves in Davis, Elumenuer, Fluker and a young center reserve center in Deiter. That's not even counting the two rookies Jones at guard and Coleman at tackle. Hopefully they can find 4 or 5 legit NFL starting linemen in that group. Looking forward to camp.

All players should treat this game of being a professional athlete as such, a full time job, no offseason in the conventional sense ( I realize rest and recovery is part of that) , part of your job is to reach your apex physically through training your body and mind, if not, you should be a discounted athlete.

Last edited:
Cam Wake shows what can happen when you finally decided to fully dedicate yourself. This is HIGHLY impressive as long he did it the right way. Something to certainly keep and eye on bc this is a huge transition.
Great example. People underestimate the importance of commitment and dedication. You see that every year in the draft when people tout great athletes who have never shown NFL level commitment. Reality is that the difference between a great athlete with little commitment and one with great commitment can easily be the difference between a guy out of the league and a pro bowl player. I don't know how well Fluker will do, but this is clearly very good news. The potential impact should not be underestimated.

For some reason ppl think DVP is slow. That has never been the case. Early in, he didn't run precision routes worth a damn, but he has greatly improved there.

He's not out running CB's but on 50/50 balls he's very good as we saw the last 2 seasons

For some reason ppl think DVP is slow. That has never been the case. Early in, he didn't run precision routes worth a damn, but he has greatly improved there.
There are different running styles. Guys with long strides often are referred to as "gliding" when they run, and it doesn't look like they're moving as fast, when actually they are running very fast. Parker's combine numbers showed him as a fast receiver, which backs up the fact that his average yards per catch have always been quite high. He doesn't have the acceleration to explode past guys, or even the top gear to run away from them, but DB's can't make a mistake because his sustained speed is fast, and he can easily get behind them once he gets beyond the initial bump. His size allows him to shrug off the initial bump as well, so Parker is always a deep threat.

Nobody is going to mistake him for the suddenness of Jakeem Grant, or the explosiveness of Jaylen Waddle, or the elite top gear of Will Fuller ... but Parker has legit speed. He is not a possession receiver.

Back
Top Bottom