DJ Videos for those that think he isnt worth picking at number 7.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DJ Videos for those that think he isnt worth picking at number 7....

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
your links don't work. i don't know know if its just my computer or what but it comes up with page not found:(

yep links are working now, cheers mate.

Good player, I just don't like how hard it is for him to shed blockers.

How much can you tell about a player from highlight reels? I mean these highlights just show good plays a given player makes during particular chosen games. It doesn't take into account a performance during an entire game where he could have missed tackles, mis-read a play or badly covered an opponent. I don't think people can judge players from highlights alone.

I agree ... but these links just dont go straight to the highlight reals. It goes to a page containing stats and figures and everything you want to know about DJ and more.

This is the stat I like the most about him personally.

• In 17 career games against Top 25 opponents, has posted 173 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 31 TFLs, four interceptions, nine PBUs, 16 pressures, two caused fumbles and a fumble recovery

Another thing. I dont know if you noticed but they showed the same plays at least 3 times in that highlight video. They just changed the angle.

DJ is a great highlight man, you see him at his best. It is his worst that makes people question him.

PhinsPhan said:
Another thing. I dont know if you noticed but they showed the same plays at least 3 times in that highlight video. They just changed the angle.

DJ is a great highlight man, you see him at his best. It is his worst that makes people question him.

Oh I noticed that and some of the plays were in both highlight films as well. But that usually happens in everybody's highlight films. You want to see the different angles so you can see what is going on and different takes.

Like for example when he hits the wide-out after the short pass on the right side, one angle is just he hits pretty hard, then the other angle shows how much space he had to close to make that tackle and really showed off his speed but didnt give you a good feel for the hit.

Johnson doesn't have great instincts and doesn't just struggle to take on a block. He shies away from blocks. I've seen him get weak in the knees when teams run a FB isolation play to his side. This guy is the most overrated prospect in this draft, and believe me. It's very close between Johnson and Mike Williams as to who the most overrated player in the draft is.

KB21 said:
Johnson doesn't have great instincts and doesn't just struggle to take on a block. He shies away from blocks. I've seen him get weak in the knees when teams run a FB isolation play to his side. This guy is the most overrated prospect in this draft, and believe me. It's very close between Johnson and Mike Williams as to who the most overrated player in the draft is.

Cant shed blockers, thats just what they said about Vilma when he came out, not bad company to be in. As far as being overrated ... how can you be overrated when you are seeing absolutely no love in the draft lol.

I loved watchin him intercept Losman, hopefully he can do that for us if we take him

Gitrdone said:
Good player, I just don't like how hard it is for him to shed blockers.

thats the knock on Zach too, but he's still a great player

Back
Top Bottom