DK Metcalf still wants to race Tyreek Hill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DK Metcalf still wants to race Tyreek Hill

Everyone makes a big deal about DK chasing down Budda Baker and while impressive, he had the perfect set of circumstances and entire field presented to him.

Any time we’ve Tyreek get out in front of the field, he’s always coasting or decelerating and flashing a peace sign. And never needing to run full out for 100 yards. So his “nextgen” top speed stats aren’t as impressive.

What we’ve never seen is DK Metcalf or any other NFL player run past an entire defense then coast like this:

Until I see DK or any other player do that, I don’t wanna hear anything from them. Last player I remember doing it was Chris Johnson.

Last edited:
Metcalf has generated a higher top-end speed on a football field than Hill, with Metcalf topping out at 22.64 miles per hour when chasing down Budda Baker and Hill realizing a maximum of 22.60 miles per hour against the Vikings in 2019.

Tyreek Hill was carrying a football, while DK Metcalf was not. Big difference. Try running a sprint event (60m, 100m, etc) while carrying a football. It will slow you down.

Tyreek Hill was carrying a football, while DK Metcalf was not. Big difference. Try running a sprint event (60m, 100m, etc) while carrying a football. It will slow you down.

And DK was running full out for close to 100 yards. When have you ever seen Tyreek need to do that? Once he gets out to a lead, he lets up and coasts.

Your point and my own just shines a spotlight on the pervasive one-dimensional thinking that goes on in media circles and here at FH and how many are overly conditioned to comparing statistical info w/o knowing or understanding context.

I’ll bet anything that if Usain Bolt played WR in the NFL and never found himself in the situation of needing to chase down a DB over the length of the field, his top speed would never reach or exceed 22.64 mph either. Because he’d never have to run full out once he got out to a lead. And certainly wouldn’t ever need to do it for anything close to 100 yards. Just like Tyreek, and many others with elite top end speed.

Last edited:

Hill was clocked at 23.24 miles in 2016 on a kickoff return in 2016. Was called back but still topped metcalfs best by over a half a mph with the ball in his hand. Granted Hill might of slowed down a little since then but that’s an impressive gap.

Dk is the fastest big receiver,
Hill is the fastest receiver.

Oh and if you want to see the fastest NFL player ever, not even a competition:

Everyone makes a big deal about DK chasing down Budda Baker and while impressive, he had the perfect set of circumstances and entire field presented to him.

Any time we’ve Tyreek get out in front of the field, he’s always coasting or decelerating and flashing a peace sign. And never needing to run full out for 100 yards. So his “nextgen” top speed stats aren’t as impressive.

What we’ve never seen is DK Metcalf or any other NFL player run past an entire defense then coast like this:

Until I see DK or any other player do that, I don’t wanna hear anything from them. Last player I remember doing it was Chris Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom