DK Metcalf still wants to race Tyreek Hill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DK Metcalf still wants to race Tyreek Hill

Sure. I'll remind you of that when our top weapon pulls a hamstring in some ancillary race for egos.

track athletes pull hamstrings, football players not training for track are more suceptible.
I think the thought is, during this point of the year Hill and other players are likely running sprints at full speed daily. If the hamstring is at the point that it would be at risk of injury running a race against Metcalf, than it's likely at the point of being at risk in daily training too. If Hill is running a 4.3 40 by himself or against another person it shouldn't increase the risk factor. Unless Metcalf is going to crash his big body into Hill.

Plus, anything can happen in one race. Micah Parsons beat Hill in a race, but nobody really believe he's faster than Hill.

No way I am letting anyone as important as Hill risk injury in some stupid ego contest.

Request denied.
How does running a 40 yard dash against Metcalf create anymore risk than running a 40 yard dash alone? If one of his daily sprints, which I'm sure is part of his training, is against someone I don't see how it's more risky than running the same sprint alone. I'm not saying he can't pull a hamstring in a race, just that he's just as likely to pull the hamstring running sprints alone.

How does running a 40 yard dash against Metcalf create anymore risk than running a 40 yard dash alone? If one of his daily sprints, which I'm sure is part of his training, is against someone I don't see how it's more risky than running the same sprint alone. I'm not saying he can't pull a hamstring in a race, just that he's just as likely to pull the hamstring running sprints alone.
Why risk it for nothing that benefits the Dolphins? Hill makes a ton of $. He should be responsible and not risk a potential injury (hamstring, rolled ankle, even a knee) by racing another player for ego's sake. If I were the Phins I would be all over this. Maybe they are. No racing period. Go do that when you retire against other retired players.

Why risk it for nothing that benefits the Dolphins? Hill makes a ton of $. He should be responsible and not risk a potential injury (hamstring, rolled ankle, even a knee) by racing another player for ego's sake. If I were the Phins I would be all over this. Maybe they are. No racing period. Go do that when you retire against other retired players.
My point was I don't see anymore risk in running one of your daily sprints on a track 5 yards apart from someone else than than running the same sprint alone. If Hill is running full speed alone he's at just as much risk of injury as running full speed against Metcalf or someone else. Are we saying he shouldn't run full speed at all to temper the risk of injury?

I agree there is no need to do the race. What does Hill have to gain from such a race? If he wins it's no big deal, if he loses people will make more out of it than it is.

Last edited:
If he hurts himself training for the team that PAYS him to play football then fine.

If he does it as part of some dog and pony ego circus then not so fine.

The idea that this would just be another sprint for Hill during the off season except Metcalf will be running next to him is preposterous, it will be a Media Event.

He can do it when he retires to be a businessman it a couple years.

If he hurts himself training for the team that PAYS him to play football then fine.

The idea that this would just be another sprint for Hill during the off season except Metcalf will be running next to him is preposterous, it will be a Media Event.

1000000000%. There's a responsibility you take on with those big checks Tyreek. Save it for the season.

DK vs Waddle would be a better race. Hill would smoke him, so would Achane.

He recently ran in a track event race….

Because it isn’t the same. It’ll be a competition and therefore he will push himself even harder than if he were just training

He recently ran in a track event race….

Wasn't happy about that either, and if he had blown a hammy that afternoon I doubt there would have been much support for him racing during the off season.

Back
Top Bottom