Do away with T.D. the mascot | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do away with T.D. the mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt it live somewhere else like some kind of South Florida Aquarium, then just be brought to the tank for home games 8 times a year?

Obviously this isnt a big deal, were just talking mascots, but it would be kind of cool.
I think some people think the Dolphin wouldn't be well kept or something.

Like the maintenance guys or the concession stand workers would look after the animal.

Obviously there would be proper training and certified staff on hand in conjunction with aquarium staff that would be responsible for taking care of the Dolphin.

But don't tell that to drunken Larry.

No way! I'm 36 years old and feel like a kid every time I see TD, he's great, my wife and I get our pictures taken with him at every game. But now reading this thread I guess it's not manly. LOL. Whatever, I' love that f'n Dolphin and I'm man enough to admit it!

Yes, a mascot is defined as a term for any person, animal, or object thought to bring luck – colloquially (informally) includes anything used to represent a group with a common public identity, such as a school, professional sports team, society, military unit, or brand name.

Now, do you know what lighten up means?
you got many different definitions but
1.a. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten.
b. To make (a color) lighter.

2. Archaic To enlighten.

v.intr.1. To become lighter; brighten.
2. To be luminous; shine.
3. To give off flashes of lightning.

No way! I'm 36 years old and feel like a kid every time I see TD, he's great, my wife and I get our pictures taken with him at every game. But now reading this thread I guess it's not manly. LOL. Whatever, I' love that f'n Dolphin and I'm man enough to admit it!

Ugh I've had to do that with the wife way too many times. I feel your pain!

lol

Bottom line is, he's rather corny!

tddolphinsmascot_71982211-1.jpg

I figured since we're in the midst of logo, uniform, and stadium changes, why not go old school with having an actual Dolphin tank in the stadium which would serve as a staple for celebrations by a live Dolphin when touchdowns and field goals are scored.

From 1966 to 1968 we had Flipper, a real live Dolphin who was situated in a tank at the open (east) end of the Orange Bowl but was eventually retired after a short stint due to saving costs.

In the classic movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, we had Snowflake, who was featured and depicted as doing tricks whenever the Miami Dolphins team would put up points during games.

Scene from movie:
[video=youtube;XOd3o8Wo4n8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=XOd3o8Wo4n8[/video]

So why not, in the year 2014 return to our tradition with a unique and original mascot that would help increase excitement for the in-stadium experience that'll also lend credence to our "new" (leaked) SeaWorld looking logo.

We could have an exhibit for fans to be able to interact with the Dolphin pre-game by way of an underground glass tank. We could have a big community vote on choosing the name of the Dolphin which will also galvanize the fan base and create more excitement.

Women and little kids can kiss and take pictures with the Dolphin, while grown men can rest assured knowing we no longer have a goofy looking mascot parading around in human being football apparel....... specifically that silly helmet.

So Ross, make it happen, please!
umm....NO

There's nothing wrong with tradition. Our "Fight" song, mascots, etc. Stupid PETA likely stopped Flipper from being held captive against it's will..so dumb. Like some have says, let's just win some games and let the mascots and orange carpets fall to the side for the moment

Only if the Dolphin in the tank is wearing a helmet. That would be a marvelous twist. Fans would prefer that image just like they react loudest to the old song not the new one.

I don't know who TD is. :idk:

I hear Brian Hartline met him once...j/k

PETA would be at every game. Hey, it'd help attendance.

The more things we change the worse it gets. I'm starting to think we should just not touch anything. We tried changing the song, holy ****. The song is great when drunk/winning. We changed the logo, oh noes, another failure. I can't wait to see what's next. I can only imagine what these stadium upgrades actually end up being.

For all of the mightier than thous shouting "oh my lord, its just a mascot this thread is stupid!"

Lighten up, its March and a significant FA signing hasnt happened in weeks. Its the best were gonna get. Whether its a good idea or not is a debate.

Personally I dont see how anyone who isnt a PETA nut doesnt find having a live dolphin around kick-ass, but to each his own.

The current mascot looks like a pelican screwed a dinosaur.

But, frankly, I could care less. If you want to make mascot's interesting to adults, hire one of those trick-shot guys as the mascot and pay him well to come up with entertaining stunts.

There are some very weird eye doctors throughout this country....

[video=youtube;rFyoOT_7LQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFyoOT_7LQY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom