Status
Not open for further replies.

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is, he's rather corny!

tddolphinsmascot_71982211-1.jpg

I figured since we're in the midst of logo, uniform, and stadium changes, why not go old school with having an actual Dolphin tank in the stadium which would serve as a staple for celebrations by a live Dolphin when touchdowns and field goals are scored.

From 1966 to 1968 we had Flipper, a real live Dolphin who was situated in a tank at the open (east) end of the Orange Bowl but was eventually retired after a short stint due to saving costs.

In the classic movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, we had Snowflake, who was featured and depicted as doing tricks whenever the Miami Dolphins team would put up points during games.

Scene from movie:
[video=youtube;XOd3o8Wo4n8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=XOd3o8Wo4n8[/video]

So why not, in the year 2014 return to our tradition with a unique and original mascot that would help increase excitement for the in-stadium experience that'll also lend credence to our "new" (leaked) SeaWorld looking logo.

We could have an exhibit for fans to be able to interact with the Dolphin pre-game by way of an underground glass tank. We could have a big community vote on choosing the name of the Dolphin which will also galvanize the fan base and create more excitement.

Women and little kids can kiss and take pictures with the Dolphin, while grown men can rest assured knowing we no longer have a goofy looking mascot parading around in human being football apparel....... specifically that silly helmet.

So Ross, make it happen, please!

When I read the title, I was ready to say - Why? What's the point?

However, I like it ... a live Dolphin mascot. :up:

1. a real dolphin would be awesome

2. who cares lets just win some games. save the money from reshad jones and mike pouncey extentions

i have some old games on dvd when the orange bowl had the pool with the the dolphin in it..it was really cool. i think that would be an incredible idea to have a live dolphin like the old days...i have a game from 1977 at the orange bowl and they had the real dolphin in the pool.

whats the big deal about cheerleaders?? you see hot chicks at the gym..really hot chicks and they're usually wearing clothes just as revealing! matter of factly you see hot girls everywhere. cheerleaders- ridiculous and useless.

whats the big deal about cheerleaders?? you see hot chicks at the gym..really hot chicks and they're usually wearing clothes just as revealing! matter of factly you see hot girls everywhere. cheerleaders- ridiculous and useless.

This thread just managed to get weirder.

Bottom line is, he's rather corny!

tddolphinsmascot_71982211-1.jpg

I figured since we're in the midst of logo, uniform, and stadium changes, why not go old school with having an actual Dolphin tank in the stadium which would serve as a staple for celebrations by a live Dolphin when touchdowns and field goals are scored.

From 1966 to 1968 we had Flipper, a real live Dolphin who was situated in a tank at the open (east) end of the Orange Bowl but was eventually retired after a short stint due to saving costs.

In the classic movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, we had Snowflake, who was featured and depicted as doing tricks whenever the Miami Dolphins team would put up points during games.

Scene from movie:
[video=youtube;XOd3o8Wo4n8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=XOd3o8Wo4n8[/video]

So why not, in the year 2014 return to our tradition with a unique and original mascot that would help increase excitement for the in-stadium experience that'll also lend credence to our "new" (leaked) SeaWorld looking logo.

We could have an exhibit for fans to be able to interact with the Dolphin pre-game by way of an underground glass tank. We could have a big community vote on choosing the name of the Dolphin which will also galvanize the fan base and create more excitement.

Women and little kids can kiss and take pictures with the Dolphin, while grown men can rest assured knowing we no longer have a goofy looking mascot parading around in human being football apparel....... specifically that silly helmet.

So Ross, make it happen, please!

You think TD is rather corny? A huge fish tank in the stadium would be rather corny...er. Not to mention a real dolphins can not interact with fans. And, oh yeah, there would be PETA we'd have to deal with.

This thread just managed to get weirder.
How about when the opposing team has the ball we have the cheerleaders put on white tank tops and have them line up in front of the new mascot who then proceeds to splash the girls with water and gets them all wet then over the big screen have the fans cheer for their favorite soaked hottie?

It'll revitalize our home field advantage... whatcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom