Do away with T.D. the mascot | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do away with T.D. the mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
TD must stay, would not be a Dolphin game without him. Thanks for the laugh about Egnew. Hilarious.

Ah yes, let's confine a wild animal to a tiny tank because it would make your football viewing experience slightly more entertaining.

Seriously though this is football, who gives a **** about the mascot, especially when "improving" the mascot involves subjecting one of the worlds most intelligent creatures to a life of solitude in a glorified jail cell.

Ross should hire Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura to be our mascot. He can pace the sidelines like he did at the end of Pet Detective

That's point, he's supposed to be corny. He's there for the kids.

They can't?

dolphins-2.jpg
SeaWorlddolphin-1.jpg
6a014e8ab90e7e970d017d3da79d5e970c500wi-1.jpg

And for those who think it's inhumane for Dolphins to be kept inside enclosures and that PETA would take issue with the idea, all I can say is educate yourself on Marine Biology and animal safety laws because some of you are unfortunately misinformed on the subject.

What does this have to do with a live dolphin at a football game? It isn't a petting zoo/NFL stadium.

I like the idea also but in retrospect it may not be a good idea. Consider the fact that the tank was positioned in the open end of the orange bowl far away from seats. The new stadium is totally enclosed and the tank would have to be much closer to seats. Given the fact that there are usually many drunk fans (especially from opposing teams) it is much more likely that debris such as plastic beer bottles could wind up in the tank. I guess you could potentially have a cover on the tank but I'm sure PETA would have a field day with that one. Sadly I think we are stuck with TD

The current mascot looks like a pelican screwed a dinosaur.

But, frankly, I could care less. If you want to make mascot's interesting to adults, hire one of those trick-shot guys as the mascot and pay him well to come up with entertaining stunts.

Ah yes, let's confine a wild animal to a tiny tank because it would make your football viewing experience slightly more entertaining.

Seriously though this is football, who gives a **** about the mascot, especially when "improving" the mascot involves subjecting one of the worlds most intelligent creatures to a life of solitude in a glorified jail cell.
Is it not possible that you could transport the Dolphin to a larger tank/habitat with other Dolphins when games aren't played? Or is that too cruel? Guess we should just set all the animals in zoos free, huh?

I guess I underestimated how serious some of you take this game and how some of you would view an animal being in a enclosures/captivity. I apologize to the animal rights people!

I just find it ironic that you guys say mascots are for kids, who cares, blah blah blah.... but yet we're all passionate about what fundamentally can be considered a kids game. And we discuss all sorts of topics and spend massive amounts of precious time revolving around this kids game, yet it's suddenly out of bounds to suggests an idea about the mascot and that real men should just care that we have cheerleaders.

It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

They can't?

dolphins-2.jpg
SeaWorlddolphin-1.jpg
6a014e8ab90e7e970d017d3da79d5e970c500wi-1.jpg

And for those who think it's inhumane for Dolphins to be kept inside enclosures and that PETA would take issue with the idea, all I can say is educate yourself on Marine Biology and animal safety laws because some of you are unfortunately misinformed on the subject.

2z3uwsw-1.jpg

A naked cheerleader, in a mermaid suit, in a glass tank,should be our mascot......just saying...

I guess I underestimated how serious some of you take this game and how some of you would view an animal being in a enclosures/captivity. I apologize to the animal rights people!

A dolphin's not exactly a goldfish. They're at least as smart as small children, highly social, and capable of self-recognition.

I don't consider myself an animal rights person (I eat meat, I think controlled laboratory testing on animals is necessary and ethical, etc.) but even I think it'd be really crappy to keep a dolphin in a small tank like that. I think the backlash would be pretty intense.

A first, I thought you wanted to change his name to FG because we have been lacking in the TD department. I was going to argue that we wait to see how the upcoming season plays out first, to see if TD production increases with our new weapons on O. I remember flipper...would be neat to have a real live dolphin (but keep TD, for the kids),but the folks at PITA would probably find some sort of problem with it!

A dolphin's not exactly a goldfish. They're at least as smart as small children, highly social, and capable of self-recognition.

I don't consider myself an animal rights person (I eat meat, I think controlled laboratory testing on animals is necessary and ethical, etc.) but even I think it'd be really crappy to keep a dolphin in a small tank like that. I think the backlash would be pretty intense.

Couldnt it live somewhere else like some kind of South Florida Aquarium, then just be brought to the tank for home games 8 times a year?

Obviously this isnt a big deal, were just talking mascots, but it would be kind of cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom