Do not overlook Buffalo | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do not overlook Buffalo

i agree we shouldnt overlook them. but they had one decent preseason game big whoop.

And yet BUF was able to pull out a win last year. In Gailey's system we will see alot of the rb's in the flats and leaking thru the middle. Couple that with youth (Misi) inexperience (Wake) and IMO terrible skill set (Chowder), we would be wise to not take anything for granted.

Should MIA win big? Yes....will they? Depends on the learning curve of the defense.

2 different teams. Last year they also had TO and Josh Reed. YEah TO isn't what he was, and Reed isn't anything special but they were/are solid NFL WRs still. We also didn't have Ronnie, and were running a vanilla defense with crappy safety play.

My Point is, that even in year's past, the Bills had other threats in the passing game besides Evans. Maybe Gaily can pull out some old magic like Hennig did 2 years ago and score with smoke and mirrors, but come the regular season, Evans is gonna be doubled all day.

But I'll agree not to overlook anybody. But I'm also going to call it like I see it. They looked putrid against Washington, and got big plays against INdy. But you also have to acknowledge that A)The Colts use preseason to give a lot of different guys reps they will never get otherwise. B)Due to the drastic changes the Bills are going through they need to approach this preseason differently.

I'm not overlooking the Bills. I was at the game last year, and at the game a few years ago when they shut us out 21-0. I know those have nothing to do with Week 1 in 2010, but the Bills have a good home field advantage.

The one thing I will always remember from last year's game is that we would have won if Ricky Williams didn't throw an interception on the goalline. Sigh.

We have 7 EXTREMELY tough opponents coming up after the Bills. The difference between starting off 1-0 and 0-1 will be huge.

The difference between starting off 1-0 and 0-1 will be huge.

yep...i dare say we're in trouble if we lose at buffalo...we could and likely would start 0-2 cause at minnesota who has to open on the road at norleans and likely will be 0-1 coming in will be quite the challenge to come out of there with a win...

almost to the point where if we're both 0-1 going in whoever loses and starts 0-2 is gonna have a real tough time making the playoffs...in our case if we start 0-2 i don't think we will make the playoffs

I don't think that's overstating it, hoops. Look how close we were to making the playoffs last year, and how close the jets were to missing it. You can't throw away a winnable game like Buffalo, even if it is in their house. But they really are in chaos. The only way we lose to the Bills is if we're flat, or or we play sloppy/stupid. Neither one is acceptable.

Did you see Buffalo's first preseason game? The looke absolutely HORRIBLE!

Did you our first preseason game ? we dont have room for gloating ; in fact teams that really play well in preseason usually play well in the regular season; with a few exceptions of course.

we need to look better tonight on offense with the 1st unit...much better

jax is another lock for a top 10 pick this year...they don't have much...take it to them...i sure hope the weather holds up

They have just enough weapons to surprise. Not that they are a good team, but they did have someone return a PUNT for a TD (hope our ST are better). Also a couple of BIG play TD passes in last nights game of over 40 yards per. I personally don't think our D will give them time to get passes like that off. I'm just saying it would be very bad to lose our first game because we were too busy worried about Farve in week 2

spiller looks good, that TD you referring to as a BLOWN ASSIGNMENT!!!! Their O line is terrible go watch spiller's TD run to see what i mean....should have be a 2 yard loss.... No worries here unless Fitzpatrick is the QB

Did you our first preseason game ? we dont have room for gloating ; in fact teams that really play well in preseason usually play well in the regular season; with a few exceptions of course.

really????? you sure bout that? I dont think so....Its normally the opposite of what you said.

Back
Top Bottom