Do not take less than a 1st and 3rd... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do not take less than a 1st and 3rd...

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
for Ogunleye!!!

There was a repot in the herald or sun-sentinel that Miami might be willing to take less than the 1st and 3rd according to 4 NFL teams....

No!!!! Make some team give you the compensation or just keep him.

Originally posted by RHoffman
for Ogunleye!!!

There was a repot in the herald or sun-sentinel that Miami might be willing to take less than the 1st and 3rd according to 4 NFL teams....

No!!!! Make some team give you the compensation or just keep him.

if you read more closely, than you see that the FO said that this is not true, the article is pretty good actually, i would love to say goodbye to wally and get a 1st and 3rd and replace him with grant wistrom, he would make our d-line even more physical

edit : btw , here´s the link Nice read

THIS ARTICLE says that Ogunleye probably won't get much play early with guys like Kearse and Wistrom available for "free".

IMO, if someone is offering, say.....the #15 pick or higher for Wally, you'd be hard pressed to refuse.

The thing is that a lot of teams might not be willing to give a 1st and a 3rd for Ogunleye. By putting a 1st and 3rd round tender on him, we run a higher risk of no team signing him and having him come back to Miami. If we put just a first round tender on him, I think he will generate more interest.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The thing is that a lot of teams might not be willing to give a 1st and a 3rd for Ogunleye. By putting a 1st and 3rd round tender on him, we run a higher risk of no team signing him and having him come back to Miami. If we put just a first round tender on him, I think he will generate more interest.

I agree. If the true intent is to re-sign him, Miami will put a 1st & 3rd on him. If they want more picks, then a 1st rd tender is enough.

Also, Miami could place just the 1st rd tender on him and allow another team to do the negotiating and then take the full week to analyze the cap ramifications of the deal to the Miami cap situation from 2004 and beyond and make some moves if they plan on matching

Is there room to negotiate a little, like a 1st and a 4th or lower on the second pick?

Back
Top Bottom