Do People Still Trust This Incompetent Owner? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do People Still Trust This Incompetent Owner?

Lol. Dude. Ross was met with doubt, suspicion and even dread from the second it was known he'd be buying the team. I mean his friendship with Carl Peterson, him growing up a Jets fan, lord Ross has been mistrusted from the jump. Infact, the only positive I've heard about him around here is he has no problems coming off his billfold for the team.

Lol. Dude. Ross was met with doubt, suspicion and even dread from the second it was known he'd be buying the team. I mean his friendship with Carl Peterson, him growing up a Jets fan, lord Ross has been mistrusted from the jump. Infact, the only positive I've heard about him around here is he has no problems coming off his billfold for the team.
Per Street and Smith Sports Business Insider:
DREAM COME TRUE: In West Palm Beach, Carlos Frias reported Ross tried to buy the Jets in '99, but his "dream was always in owning not just a football team, but the Dolphins." Ross: "This has really been a dream of a lifetime for me. ... I think the price I paid for it shows that." Ross was part of a group that was outbid by Huizenga for a 15% stake in the team in '90, but he said he "wasn't quite as financially prepared as Wayne was at that point in time" (PALM BEACH POST, 2/23). Ross grew up in Miami and maintains a house in Palm Beach. Ross: "I was a great Dolphins fan [growing up]. To have this opportunity is kind of like a fantasy" (MIAMI HERALD, 2/23).

Since Stephen Ross bought the team the stadium has gone from one of the worst in football to one of the absolute best.

Not even close to true. We're still in honeymoon period denial regarding our stadium. It looks great from the blimp. It is great compared to the prior version of itself. But at essence it is a patchwork 1987 stadium.

That is not going to impress, by NFL standards. We are already not close to top tier, and very soon there will be new amazing venues in Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Then others to follow.

I'd estimate that within 10 years the city of Miami will be shocked at how poorly our venue is viewed by the league. We will no longer be receiving Super Bowls.

That will be greeted with criticism and disbelief now. I welcome it. Like the Ryan Tannehill situation I'll allow time and big picture logic to work in my favor. Patching a 30 year old bland venue was a disastrous short sighted choice. Jerry Jones considered patching the old Texas Stadium and now says he can't believe he ever had that idea, as opposed to the amazing venue he put together instead.

Per Street and Smith Sports Business Insider:
DREAM COME TRUE: In West Palm Beach, Carlos Frias reported Ross tried to buy the Jets in '99, but his "dream was always in owning not just a football team, but the Dolphins." Ross: "This has really been a dream of a lifetime for me. ... I think the price I paid for it shows that." Ross was part of a group that was outbid by Huizenga for a 15% stake in the team in '90, but he said he "wasn't quite as financially prepared as Wayne was at that point in time" (PALM BEACH POST, 2/23). Ross grew up in Miami and maintains a house in Palm Beach. Ross: "I was a great Dolphins fan [growing up]. To have this opportunity is kind of like a fantasy" (MIAMI HERALD, 2/23).

Steve Ross could not have grown up as either a Dolphins or a Jets fan. The Jets were an original AFL team, and the Dolphins were an expansion team. The AFL was founded in 1960. When Ross was at the University of Michigan.

Ross is a Michigan Wolverines fan who happens to own the Miami Dolphins, and I'm sure he is now the biggest Miami Dolphins fan on Earth, to be honest.

Steve Ross could not have grown up as either a Dolphins or a Jets fan. The Jets were an original AFL team, and the Dolphins were an expansion team. The AFL was founded in 1960. When Ross was at the University of Michigan.

Ross is a Michigan Wolverines fan who happens to own the Miami Dolphins, and I'm sure he is now the biggest Miami Dolphins fan on Earth, to be honest.

Bottom line is he was and is a Dolphins fan. Someone suggested he was a Jets fan from way back.

The paper added in the "growing up" part, lol.

Back
Top Bottom