Do "Suck 4 Luck" fans literally root against Miami during the games? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do "Suck 4 Luck" fans literally root against Miami during the games?

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
I've been a Miami Dolphin fan for nearly 30 years, and I can't imagine ever cheering for my team to lose.

Do "Suck 4 Luck" fans literally root against Miami during the games?

Fans who root for Miami to lose have probably never done anything competitive in their lives. They don't have a competitive nature and that's the only way I can explain anyone rooting against their own team.

I'm hoping the team steps it up with a new QB and we make the play-offs.

I root for the team to win and hope they can, but if we do lose it doesn't feel as bad as in past years knowing that at least we might get a good quarterback out of it.

Fans who root for Miami to lose have probably never done anything competitive in their lives. They don't have a competitive nature and that's the only way I can explain anyone rooting against their own team.

This is too true.

Remember when we were going to merge all the Luck threads into one big thread

that was a cool idea right

Yes I openly root for them to lose... and lose big.

In fact, I was actually "worried" when they almost won against Cleveland.

2l96z9h-1.jpg

Ya know, there's a particular Lucksucker who continually takes the opposite talking point (as recently as today) that Root2Win'ers aren't successful since they can't look long-term. Frankly, personally I can shoot that empty BS stereotype full of holes, but the point is, to generalize about either side of the argument does a lot of well-meaning folks a disservice.

Me, I taught my kid to compete until there's no competing left; not to depend on others or favorable possibilities outside their control to help them out, that where there's life there's hope and losing with effort and honor builds more backbone than being a quitter. You ingrain a winning mindset in your kids where they understand what doesn't kill them will make them stronger, and they can do their own fishing through like instead of depending on a fishmonger for their dinners.

Maybe that's just me. As far as my inability to do anything other than what I'm hard-wired to do, and that's root root root for, that's what comes naturally. As an example, there's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality - statistically every family has someone in it, including mine and it's largely a genetic predisposition not a choice. But choosing to practice homosexuality to me is as unnatural and foreign as choosing to root against my team for any reason, especially since the supposed payoff is so uncertain in several ways.

God almighty man, do you want to go go 6-10 and be mediocre for the next decade? Or do you want an opportunity to draft a great qb? You fans that say how can you root against miami or you haven't played a competitive sport are completely blind when it comes to the future. You true 30 yr fans and competitive people root for us to go 6-10 or 7-9 and the fans with a brain in their heads will root for the future. A future with a possible franchise, great qb leading the way.

Sad to say but....... The answer is yes! The organization needs a total overhaul.

I root for my team to leave it all on the field, and if that results in a loss I move on to the next game. If it results in a win, I am glad and move on to the next game. If we end up 6-10 or 7-9 so be it. It's a game I enjoy watching win/lose/draw and if watching my team be mediocre is what happens then so be it. It's completely out of my hands and I'm just along for the ride.

Part of what makes the game fun is taking the downs with the ups. You haven't experienced a great win unless you've experienced a crushing defeat.

Suck for luck doesnt make me root for the fins to lose, just means theres somewhat of a positive outcome either way...

i dont, but the thought of getting luck makes the losses easier to get over

Back
Top Bottom