Do the Dolphins have the worst beat writers in the NFL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Dolphins have the worst beat writers in the NFL?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The 2 beat writers from the main local papers are both egomaniacs with little, if any, writing talent who incessantly try to sabotage the team with invented controversies at every turn.

Between Armando and Omar, its almost enough to turn me away from Dolphin news altogether. Its sad that the best coverage we get is from a tiny paper in Palm Beach (Palm Beach Post).

Do other teams have this issue?

only way this will change if people complain to the owners of these papers

The only beat writers I can speak of are the ones for the Redskins since they are the closest team to me. I listen to the local sportstalk radio station here and it's Skins talk 24/7. From what I've heard over the last few years, the beat writers here aren't anywhere close to being as ego maniacal as the Dolphins writers. I don't know if it's b/c the folks on FH have such a hatred for Salguero/Kelly or what but they seem like supreme d-bags to me.

Might be a correlation between writer quality and fan interest/quality. If you have a crappy fan base, a newspaper isn't going to invest the resources to bring in quality writers.

Omar and Armando hate henne and never point out when he does well. but of course they will tweet and blog when he has a few incompletions. He had a great practice yesterday throwing a long td to gates along with other good plays/td's. Yet you hear nothing positive because of thier personal agenda. Not saying Henne is brees or anything, he needs significant improvement, but just saddens me when a big portion of the fan base believes everything they say and dont realize they report only what they want..

Worst beat writers, worst coach, worst QB, worst management... worst fans?

South Florida has long had the reputation of being a "Banana Republic" predicated on government corruption, graft, incompetence, special interest pandering, foibles, quirkiness, etc. right up to the highest levels. Style and integrity-wise, our local papers featuring Omar and Mando fit right in. We're actually fortunate to have some writers like Edgar Thompson, and Jeff Darlington who cut across that grain. There have been some outstanding news reporters and commentators down here like Carl Hiaissen, Leonard Pitts, Dave Barry, and Edna Buchanan .. but mostly reporting on other areas or chronicling the human condition. Makes you appreciate and value the Darlingtons, Thompsons and Popesall the more IMO since they're so far and few between..

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only are they morons but i find their grammar & spelling to be atrocious at times. It's as if they rush to get articles posted without proof reading them.

Nothing i hate more than a paid journalist making spelling mistakes. Especially in an age of Microsoft Word Auto Correct.

Not only are they morons but i find their grammar & spelling to be atrocious at times. It's as if they rush to get articles posted without proof reading them.

Nothing i hate more than a paid journalist making spelling mistakes. Especially in an age of Microsoft Word Auto Correct.

EXACTLY! There is at least one egregious grammatical error in every article. Do those papers not have editors now?

EXACTLY! There is at least one egregious grammatical error in every article. Do those papers not have editors now?

I get the feeling they are allowed to bypass editors on some posts because they are considered blogs rather than articles. Clearly a mistake because Armando has the writing skills of a seven year old.

Nothing worse than when your local writers let their personal opinions/agenda get in the way of their work. And making it worse is the fact that they are Debbie Downers, at least be Homers!!! LOL.

Yeah these two guys are genuinely imbeciles.

The thing that really irks me about these two guys is that they truly believe they are God's gift to journalism. They have arrogance seeping out of every pore and orifice.

This irks me because noone actually follows their work because of the quality of their writing or anything they personally have to offer, but rather because of the team they cover. If they weren't one of the few sources of Miami Dolphins inside info, would anyone actually read stuff from these two dopes?

both are annoying but i thinkn omar is the worst. esp after thsi favre fiasco.

That Armando colume about how WE had the worst free agent period was assinine. Some teams made ZERO moves. , but we were the worst. Pats sign two losers but we're the worst. Jets lose Brad Smith and JT but we're the worst. Tampa had the most cap space and did nothing. This guy knows jack.

Back
Top Bottom