Do the Dolphins now have the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Dolphins now have the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East?

"I think a reasonable argument can be made that Tua will work out to be the 4th best quarterback in the AFC East."

This was the original message.

Do you think a reasonable argument can be made the Tua will work out to be the 4th best QB in the AFC East and if so, how?

Because like I said, my personal evaluation isn't the end all be all. While I think Tua is better, I think he's barely better.

I think there is question about whether Tua ends up being more than an average to slightly above QB.

Given that, I dont think the thread is absurd.

When I look at other offenses around the league, like the Titans or Chargers last year and imagine Tua plugging into that exact same team instead of Tannehill or Herbert and I can't help but think the opinion of his play would be vastly different. Tue with having Henry at running back and running those rpos, bootleg rollouts and playaction passes would have been scary. I look forward to seeing what the kid looks like as not only he gets better, but the offense around him evolves as well. Look forward to seeing Tua take 3 or 4 shots down the field per game this year. Between Fuller's and Waddle's speed and Parker, Williams and Gesicki going for the 50/50 jump balls Tua will take he share of shots down field. Remeber he hit Parker on two of those down the field shots against the Bills in the season finale. Just having the threat of the deep ball will help the offense.

Last edited:
He’ll be better then Allen and be the best QB in the division guaranteed. He was 10x better year 1 then Allen his rookie year. That was with ZERO weapons. We need a RT badly to get him some protection tonight. Then just watch

I'd have Allen at the top right now, Tua next just because he's got a near half season over the two incoming QBs. We have no idea if they'll be good or not and we'll know more about Tua this year when it's his team, he's had an off season to get ready and he's got more weapons to utilize. He could vault to the top with or over Allen or yeah, could end up the worst of these four starters. Hard to say just yet.

Zach Wilson and Mac Jones both averaged 11 YPA last season. That's the new gold standard in college football. It's only been available the past few seasons as offenses evolved. There is no way I'm going to assign anyone as an automatic bust if they reach 11 YPA. The Patriots didn't draft Daniel Jones and his pathetic 6.4 YPA at Duke. They took a guy who logically will work on his body and gain the small steady uptick in arm strength typical of young quarterbacks who enter the NFL. That was hardly the ideal scenario as Jones fell to the Patriots. Everything opens up for them if they've got a guy with touch and anticipation instead of Cam Newton and his chicken wing delivery throwing mindless 100 mph fastballs into traffic or the turf.

The good news for the Dolphins is that Tua also averaged 11 YPA back in 2018. I don't know how any of this will play out but Miami is darn fortunate that the Jets avoided that first overall pick. Otherwise, as I warned early last season, Urban Meyer was going to hitch himself to the NFL job that included Trevor Lawrence. I'd rather depend on Zach Wilson not panning out than dealing with the combo of Meyer/Lawrence.

It has massive relevance. If you don't see it, that is fine but I find consistency in opinion to matter greatly.
No it has no relevance. If you are judging which QB is better based on college tape then Tua is better than the other 3. You can not expect the same results from college to the NFL. If that is the case Tim Tebow would be a hall of famer.

yes, without a doubt. Grier will need all of those late 1sts he got to try and trade up for a top QB in next year's draft or to trade for a veteran QB

No it has no relevance. If you are judging which QB is better based on college tape then Tua is better than the other 3. You can not expect the same results from college to the NFL. If that is the case Tim Tebow would be a hall of famer.

I'm not sure why you think we disagree on that and I'm unclear what point you're trying to make? Can you say that q bit different for me, its probably my fault not getting what you're saying.

I felt absolutely sick when I saw the Alabama QB falling to the Patriots. We can generally trust the Jets to screw up a young QBs career. Belicek is a different story. Just like Garafalo, he'll have that kid playing at the top of his potential by the end of his first year of starting. The football Gods have cursed us.
Better odds of him being like Ryan Mallet over him being like Jimmy G

Back
Top Bottom