Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl????

Oh, good. Another non-specific ingredient to add to the Haterade.

The dude high-dives off fishing boats while recovering from ACL surgery, and his wife leaves assault rifles in rental cars. I somehow doubt his life is all that boring. Private, maybe.
What does that have to do with Tannehill being exciting on the field?

Outside of the Dolphin fanbase nobody cares about Tannehill. Certainly there isn't a single fan of another team wishing they had him, except maybe as a backup.
If the media, opposing players and coaches, and non dolphins fans don’t think much of Tannehill...and there’s still debate amongst dolphins fans about him then well you can infer the rest.

Of course this is true. Roy has his finger on the pulse of every Gm and scout in the league and what they think of our QB! Now he knows what every other teams fans are thinking! You know...because Roy says so.
We know it’s true when Dalton was voted in the pro bowl as an alternative over Tannehill’s 27 and 12 season. What coaches are staying up all night game planning for tannehill? Any players voting for Tannehill to be in the top 100 best players? Media isn’t saying Miami is in good shape with Tannehill coming back. Opposing fans pencil Miami as a win because Tannehill is a “scrub”. The consensus across the league and NFL media is Tannehill is just another guy.

Outside of the Dolphin fanbase nobody cares about Tannehill. Certainly there isn't a single fan of another team wishing they had him, except maybe as a backup.

I live in az and there are plenty of fans who thought the Cards should trade for Tannehill especially when we were rumored to trade up for Baker and they were out of reach of the top 4 rookies. There were even rumors that the Broncos were interested in a trade. So Nobody cares???

We know it’s true when Dalton was voted in the pro bowl as an alternative over Tannehill’s 27 and 12 season. What coaches are staying up all night game planning for tannehill? Any players voting for Tannehill to be in the top 100 best players? Media isn’t saying Miami is in good shape with Tannehill coming back. Opposing fans pencil Miami as a win because Tannehill is a “scrub”. The consensus across the league and NFL media is Tannehill is just another guy.

Go re-read LiphinPhan’s post. It definitely applies to you!

I expect Tannehill to have his best year. Miami finally has what should amount to an above average offense.

Improved offensive line, what should be a better running game with Drake and Gore, decent wide receivers and perhaps a stud tight end in Gesicki.

Matt Ryan took off as Atlanta put pieces together around him. I expect the same with Tannehill.

Ryan is given a free pass because Dr James Andrews, (his surgeon who is considered the top orthopedic surgeon in the nation) and the Miami Dolphins doctors, considered it a strain/slight tear and recommended to him to rehab a year ago rather than have the full ACL surgery (the MCL would heal itself with nature). As it turns out, they made the wrong call re the ACL when he aggravated it at training. However, when you have the very best orthopedic surgeon and a team of other doctors making a recommendation and you follow their advice, I don't think you are being fair to blame the player.
BTW - the European treatment was just to accelerate the recovery with stem cells - it was not the problem.

You have no idea what Dr James Andrews recommended, nor can you pretend to. I have never heard of skill player with a grade 2 sprain, partial tear, of his ACL not get surgery. ACLs do not heal, so with out surgery the injury could never return to 100%. I also remember when Gase had his end of the year press conference he said “Ryan choose not to have surgery.” No dr can force a surgery, as the player hasfinal say. Ryan decided to gamble on a partially torn ACL, and that is on him. The result was rather than Ryan missing the first 4-6 weeks, as Wentz will probably have to do, he missed 16 more games.

Again we can spin this any way we want, but the fact remains Ryan missed the past 20 games. When he takes a snap in September it will be his first in 1 year and 9 months. Pair that with career losing record, and average life time stats, and you will find the answer to why ALL of the national media doesn’t expect Miami to have a super bowl run, or have an inspiring QB room. I’m sorry but the is much more evedince on thier side of this arguement.

Not always. Case in point - Andrew Luck. Same situation as Tannehill, maybe worse. I didn't read any suggestions that they should draft a QB.
Luck is also 43-27 as a starter, has 132-68 TD to INT ratio, and has six playoff games under his belt.

Both have injuries to overcome, but if 100 pct healthy I don’t think any sane individual in the world would take RT over Luck under any circumstance.

Miami didn't chase or sell out to draft a shiny new QB. That and Tannehill coming off of an ACL injury are the overwhelming stories which most other fans view as boring and un-cool.

Being underestimated is supposed to make you doubt everything; but it sure does put a smile on my face.

Truth and opinion are not the same. No matter how many times you think they are..You and I know nothing of what others GM's and Fans believe. The difference between you and I is that I don't pretend to know. You seem to think that you know this as fact. Laughable delusion

Probably because in his “elite” stretch he was game managing for 215 yards while we had Ajayi running wild. Ryan’s most exciting game was in SD, which I was I at, he was throwing some rockets in that game.

Back
Top Bottom