Do the Miami Dolphins have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Miami Dolphins have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL?

We've been spoiled as fans to witness what could be the best QB in history (QB/Head Coach combo too). New England isn't common. Their situation of plugging and playing anyone into the lineup and them having success isn't common. It isn't a fair comparison.

I suppose not having a good QB is a good enough reason to run more. But then if you don't have a good enough QB everything else you do is pretty much moot anyway.

I suppose not having a good QB is a good enough reason to run more. But then if you don't have a good enough QB everything else you do is pretty much moot anyway.

Also depends on who your RB is. The Steelers are wise to run Leveon Bell. Seattle was wise to run Lynch. The Jets were wise to run with Ivory. It's one thing if the RBs on the roster are dog****. It's another if the offensive strategy is solely to pass most of the time. I'm not saying passing/running has to be 50/50 all year but some form of balance is a must.

Also depends on who your RB is. The Steelers are wise to run Leveon Bell. Seattle was wise to run Lynch. The Jets were wise to run with Ivory. It's one thing if the RBs on the roster are dog****. It's another if the offensive strategy is solely to pass most of the time. I'm not saying passing/running has to be 50/50 all year but some form of balance is a must.

Like I said if you have a good QB no matter what you do it'll probably work. If you don't nothing will work. Its no coincidence the team with the poor QB was the only of the three to miss the playoffs.

Ryan's salary isn't limiting the team from doing anything. I believe after this year they have an easy out from the contract should they go that route.

Why do you think Miami has had such a struggle surrounding Tannehill with better players, particularly on the OL? Is it poor talent evaluation? Is it that they've put money into the wrong players? Is it just bad luck ... ie, too many promising players suffering serious injuries and not coming back "as good as new"? Is it the failure to retain home grown talent, ie good players drafted by the team?

A big part of the Bills' last 16 years of frustration has been for all of the above reasons. That started to turn around in 2010 when Buddy Nix became the GM, and has improved immensely under Doug Whaley.

Why do you think Miami has had such a struggle surrounding Tannehill with better players, particularly on the OL? Is it poor talent evaluation? Is it that they've put money into the wrong players? Is it just bad luck ... ie, too many promising players suffering serious injuries and not coming back "as good as new"? Is it the failure to retain home grown talent, ie good players drafted by the team?

A big part of the Bills' last 16 years of frustration has been for all of the above reasons. That started to turn around in 2010 when Buddy Nix became the GM, and has improved immensely under Doug Whaley.

Incompetence from the top down. That's how you wind up throwing money and picks at the OL year after yuear and you still have Dallas Thomas / Billy Turner as your starting guards and Jason Fox as your backup tackle.

That's how you wind up paying Brian Hartline a lot of money, cutting him a year later, and he's out of the league now. That's how you wind up giving Mike Wallace a record breaking contract, trading him two years later, and then he gets cut by his new team and can't even pass a physical with Baltimore. That's how you wind up drafting a press corner in Sean Smith and not playing press defense. That's how you wind up spending 4 years developing Nolan Carroll, seeing him play pretty well his last year in town, and then letting him walk because uhhh, I don't know?

Honest to God I haven't watched that station one single time since the season ended. Why would anyone watch ESPN except for football highlites of all the other games when you get up on Monday?

Wouldn't even watch for highlights. I remember a time when ESPN would show highlights and make every game seem close. Now they throw a few clips and show the score before the clips are even over. No suspense

Imagine the impact on the team including its QB of having one of the 3 worst HCs in the league :idk:

Back
Top Bottom