Do the Vikes want to trade up....youbetcha! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Vikes want to trade up....youbetcha!

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
And here's another reason why;

Vikings | Police & Courts: WR Kelly Campbell
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:20:47 -0700

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings WR Kelly Campbell was formally charged Monday, April 18, with receiving a stolen gun and possession of marijuana. He was previously arrested Feb. 24 after Atlanta police saw the SUV he was driving cross the center line to pass three or four cars and drive in the wrong lane. His case will be assigned to a judge in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court in the coming days and the arraignment will take place a week or two later.

Vikings | Contact Browns About Trading Up
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:24:03 -0700
Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Minnesota Vikings have talked to the Cleveland Browns about a potential trade to acquire the No. 3 overall pick in the draft to select Michigan WR Braylon Edwards, according to a source. The Vikings have the No. 7 and No. 18 overall selections in the first round.

Vikings | Contact Miami About Trading Up
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:11:22 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Minnesota Vikings have contacted the Miami Dolphins about a potential trade to acquire the No. 2 overall pick in the draft to select Michigan WR Braylon Edwards. The Vikings have the No. 7 and No. 18 overall selections in the first round.

Vikings | Contact 49ers About Trading Up
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:11:20 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Minnesota Vikings have talked to the San Francisco 49ers about a potential trade to acquire the No. 1 overall pick in the draft to select Michigan WR Braylon Edwards, according to a team source. The Vikings have the No. 7 and No. 18 overall selections in the first round.

They want to move up and contacted the top three teams. They will probably trade with whomever lets them move up with the least amount of compensation.

Oboy said:
They want to move up and contacted the top three teams. They will probably trade with whomever lets them move up with the least amount of compensation.

if I were the Minn GM, I'd do the same. this latest news just emphasizes the need even more.

Oboy said:

I think they'll trade up with the team that allows them to pick the player they want to trade up for. I think Edwards is the guy they want and I don't think he'll be there at 3.

With the latest article saying that we would take Braylon at #2 if we are stuck there, it would make all the sense in the world for the Vikings to be calling. They NEED a WR to fill the void of Randy Moss, I would do it for their 2 firsts and their 3rd reguardless of what the value chart says!

Thanks for the info, FP.

This is why Braylon E is a guy we should look at as well. I also suspect that SF will put out rumors as the week moves on that they are close to signing Braylon Edwards. They want to trade down as bad as we do, I believe.

I would love to get Minnesota's two 1sts or their 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Evidently Saban is trying to heat up the market by letting it slip out that Miami is interested in Braylon Edwards. it's obvious that the Vikes have Edwards targeted and is afraid he will go quickly in the draft. I hope the 49ers agrr on a contract with Smith and in doing so will put pressure on the Vikes to get something done with Miami.

finsfan4life said:
I think they'll trade up with the team that allows them to pick the player they want to trade up for. I think Edwards is the guy they want and I don't think he'll be there at 3.

Exactly all we have to do is select Edwards at #2 then trade him to Minn for their #3 and another pick :cooldude:

FinFrenzy said:
Exactly all we have to do is select Edwards at #2 then trade him to Minn for their #3 and another pick :cooldude:

:confused:

#3 and another pick?

IMO the 49ers want one of the two QBs that may not be there at pick #7. The 49ers may be reluctant to trade out of the top spot if they are going to miss on the two QBs at least that is what I hope they are thinking.

finsfan4life said:

#3 and another pick?

Sure if Minnesota trades with cleveland for #3 overall and not us we can simply take their guy to trade them or fake them out like they did to us with Vernon Carey and make them move up one more spot and take a or some free picks whatever they can part with after trading with cleveland we can almost do the same thing with Tampa at our new #3 spot.

finsfan4life said:

#3 and another pick?

I think he meant if they trade with Cleveland and then we take Braylon. Wouldn't happen because they aren't going to deal the picks to Cleveland without knowing who we draft first.

FinFrenzy said:
Sure if Minnesota trades with cleveland for #3 overall and not us we can simply take their guy to trade them or fake them out like they did to us with Vernon Carey and make them move up one more spot and take a or some free picks whatever they can part with after trading with cleveland we can almost do the same thing with Tampa at our new #3 spot.

I doubt they'd trade to 3 until Cleveland is on the clock.

we're in the best shape here. It seems pretty clear that SF is gonna take a QB with their pick (since they've negiotated contracts already). Miami is unpredictable at the moment, and you don't want to trade up with Cleveland with the chance that Edwards will be gone. Minnesota is forced to do business with us first.
Even if we stay at #2, I would be happy with Edwards. And who knows, maybe you get another situation like with Eli last year where you draft the player and then trade him for picks

Back
Top Bottom