Do Vet QBs going to other teams hurt us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do Vet QBs going to other teams hurt us?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If Wilson ,Watson or any other starting QB gets traded, will it hurt us on trying to move PICK #3 ?

I think either can happen, both help or hurt. For instance, I would like Carolina to need a QB in the draft. I would hate to see DW/RW take snaps for the Jets and would prefer they draft a rookie or keep Sam. Best case is that teams just behind us, top 10, need a QB so we can trade back a bit and reap the benefits and still get positional strength.

like the poster above said, depends on where they go to. I agree that I'd rather have Carolina needing a QB going into the draft cause I think they're our best option for a trade down. But any team that trades away a great QB will then need a QB so.

If Wilson ,Watson or any other starting QB gets traded, will it hurt us on trying to move PICK #3 ?
Not really, because I believe both Jags and Jets are going QB (If one or neither take one of the Vets), allowing one a so called once in a Gen TACKLE to be put there, along with one other possible Rookie QB that can be a franchise QB

Someone will want to trade up to get one of them.

Now if one or both the Jags and Jets decide to take Vet QB (doubtful...At least as far as the Jags), then there will be 2 or 3 top QBs in this draft, someone will want to move up to get themselves one.

The big key here is what shape will Atlanta be in when Miami is up to pick.

Well yes. Wilson is an excellent QB but he's not interested in the AFC East, so I think we're safe there. Watson is young and talented, and if he ends up on the Jets that's a sure fire solution to the QB position for a team that has been relatively snake-bitten with wasting resources on bum QB's for a long time. And while he's not going to New England ... ugh, I'd really hate to see him there!

It does, as it takes out another potential trade partner. If Carolina for example traded for Darnold, it would be difficult to see a trade partner for us that doesn't have us having to trade back to 12 or 15 (and you should never do that one).

Good to see that it looks like Big Ben is staying at the Steelers because having him on the FA market if they cut him would have been bad.

Yea Watson going to the Jets wouldn't hurt us too bad.

If Wilson somehow ends up on New England I'd be worried.

If Houston trades Watson it is going to be out of the conference (likely Carolina).

My wet dream is we trade # 3 to Washington for their 1st and Chase Young

No!

It may reduce the candidates willing to trade up with us, but it may also make some dark horses show up looking for a #3 pick. I'm starting to think one Dark Horse, or should I say "dark hoodie", might be New England.

This is going to be an entertaining draft and the Dolphins are going to do just fine.

I predict only one bad pick and two or three really strong picks and the rest may end up as improved depth. I think the biggest surprises will be near the end of training camp when some very familure faces will be gone.

I also predict an extreme media over reaction to the first three draft selections, not to mention a lot of Lemmings on this board yelling "the sky is falling".

Sit back, relax and enjoy the "entertainment". The kind of absurd stuff we will see can not be scripted.

Back
Top Bottom