Do we draft 3 Lineman and 1 RB in first 4 rounds? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we draft 3 Lineman and 1 RB in first 4 rounds?

KingHydra

Active Roster
Reaction score
The FA market looks rough due to the age of the Lineman available. We cannot by any means go into next year without a complete revamp of our Line. At worst our current lineman should be 2nd string while hiring an entire new, first string minus Hunt, who I think is decent.

We cannot by any means go into next year without a complete revamp of our Line. At worst our current lineman should be 2nd string while hiring an entire new, first string minus Hunt, who I think is decent.

Current line will be more effective next year as more playing time together has that effect. That said, drafting a couple of offensive lineman is nearly always a good idea, for any team.

Draft a RB later (James Cook)...

Spend a premium pick the following season on a stud after the line is hopefully solidified....

Yeah I’m for letting the current guys learn with 2 vets in FA. Nothing suggests we’ll draft linemen well. The more these guys play and have game time with each other the better. We’ve chopped snd changed C this season for one reason or other and it shows. We need a consistent lineup so these guys gel.

Draft a top WR and get rid of fuller or draft one if 2 LBs if they’re available at our pick

Better find a good linebacker

Had to check the date of this post
LOL, I did the same thing. I want us to get 2 OL in FA. Spend on the best guys or trade for one elite man who wants out of his current club. And we NEED a big back. I'm watching other teams in the NFL run rampart with their 3rd string RBs. We need one of those too!!!

I think Hunt and Eichenburg are keepers. The rest are not backup quality on a SB contending team.
I have never been a fan of bringing in free agent lineman, but might make an exception for a good centre. Perhaps we can trade for one of those.
I want us to draft the OT from University of Minnesota, Faalele and Kinnard from Kentucky. There's about 750 lbs of mean assed football player right there.
Like others posting to this thread, I like my back big. I might be tempted to take a mid round flyer on a back like Kevin Harris from South Carolina.
If one of our readers could give us a good scouting report on him, I, for one,. would greatly appreciate it.

I'm signing one really solid, injury free olineman. Plug and play guy. I would wait then and search again maybe after 2 weeks of FA and see who I can add a little more cheaply.
I am then drafting one solid olineman in rounds 1-3.
First thing I am doing though, is bringing in a real oline coach. Tell him to evaluate who we have; who is salvageable, who is a lost cause. Are some guys playing the wrong position for their skill set? I'm deciding all that, then adding the FAs. Even if it replaces someone I've already determined is salvageable. I'm upgrading the best I can at least 3 spots with guys who have a positive history of playing the spot I've signed them to play.

Yeah I’m for letting the current guys learn with 2 vets in FA. Nothing suggests we’ll draft linemen well. The more these guys plathy and have game time with each other the better. We’ve chopped snd changed C this season for one reason or other and it shows. We need a consistent lineup so these guys gel.

Draft a top WR and get rid of fuller or draft one if 2 LBs if they’re available at our pick
That would be my strategy, but reality might be different. It's likely some of those top tackles in free agency won't actually make it to the open market. Usually, that's the case.

Meaning it might be more likely that Miami has to draft and develop their way out of this offensive line mess.

That would be my strategy, but reality might be different. It's likely some of those top tackles in free agency won't actually make it to the open market. Usually, that's the case.

Meaning it might be more likely that Miami has to draft and develop their way out of this offensive line mess.
I don’t disagree but usually one or two hit FA snd we need to make big plays for any that are available, we have the cap the young boys need experience alongside them

I want one day 1 or day 2 pick to go towards the oline. My plan would be to add 3 vets with legit starting experience on the oline for 2022. They don't need to be all-pros, just need compitent NFL starters that you can count on week in and week out. I would let the rookie oline investment compete with Eichenberg, Hunt, Dieter, Kindley, Jackson and Little for two starting roles and the others would battle for roles as young raw backups. The last thing I want to see is another year with 4 or 5 young young linemen playing at the same time.

I cant find our actual draft order and pick count for the 1st 4 rounds? wth?

Back
Top Bottom