Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency?

We have enough draft picks to field almost 2 offensive lines already time to add 2 decent veterans Oline to roll with. They need to move Liam with Hunt on the right with Jones to back em up. Get a vet center to go with Dieter. Move Davis to left guard and get Kindley in shape to fight it out with him at left guard. Spend money on a vet left tackle to fight it out with Jackson and Coleman for that position. So yep need 2 quality vets and we should be in good shape. Oops how about some veteran Oline coaching priority number 1.

We absolutely need an experienced Vet, first and foremost, and number two, we can't fail with will he be good, or will he not of a draft, finally add to that Miami will have the money...FA must be plan A. Miami needs desperately to get a good to great FA Tackle.

Though I would get other positions in the Draft before another Linemen, if Miami decides to also get a linemen there early...Power to them.

There is no squad on the team that does more to instantaneously move the team up in quality more then if the O-Line is fixed.

DISCLAIMER: By the way, when I say fix, I don't mean to go from awful to great in one year, I mean to go from the inconsistent mess they are this year to a more consistent solid squad that can be counted on to help Tua somewhat, and also open enough holes where RBs are not running into walls consistently.

I looked up the upcoming free agents of all offensive lineman. Who would you guys take? Or do you continue to have faith in Grier to build through the draft.....again.

View attachment 89162

First, I doubt many FA OLmen average or above will be available.
My philosophy is every unit needs a vet starting or getting rotational reps. I'd add at least one vet. Not against adding a rookie OLmen, but I think all those snotty nosed OLme is one reason for the annual slow starts.

We need to spend big on one tackle and a center, then we need to draft a tackle.

The only person who should feel comfortable about having a starting gig next year is Hunt. LT and C should be top tier veteran free agents. Hunt should man either RT and RG. And the entire rest of the pu pu platter of Eichenberg/Jackson/Kindley/Davis/Deiter should be fighting with a highly drafted tackle for the two other starting spots.

I’d love to go WR and RB in the first two rounds of the draft so I’m hoping for free agent offensive lineman. Maybe a solid RT drops to round 3 and Grier draft him by accident.

Back
Top Bottom