Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we draft more offensive lineman? Or go through free agency?

I think as young as we are, we are still in a win now/soon given the fact that we are an oline and another decent back or two from being in contention ….maybe add in some interior d-lineman and a linebacker . So I say Get a couple guys in FA get a coupl guys in the draft, draft an RB and another Tall WR or slot

Yeah, maybe we should hire Iowa's OL coach. Linderbaum started as a DE.
I think it has more to do with Kirk Ferentz, he is the headcoach for 22 years now.

He was a former Ol Coach, iowa always has a great oline.

Hell i just checked his son, Steve Ferentz is one of our coaching Assistents, its crazy both Sons played in the nfl one still is for the Pats.

I looked up the upcoming free agents of all offensive lineman. Who would you guys take? Or do you continue to have faith in Grier to build through the draft.....again.

View attachment 89162
We need at least 4 new Olinemen to come in and compete for every spot except for RH’s. Preferably at least 2 vets especially at both tackle positions. If we keep Jessie Davis next year I swear I’ll eat my hat.

I looked up the upcoming free agents of all offensive lineman. Who would you guys take? Or do you continue to have faith in Grier to build through the draft.....again.

View attachment 89162
The players we have all have tools to be solid or superior lineman . I believe we need to hire true best OL coach out there give him the title of assistant hc/ok and tell Flores to stay out of his way.

This team doesn’t seem to understand you need vets. Go for a vet

They could do with more than one. I don't know that they need to shell out 20 mil a year for someone like Scherff but there needs to be at least one known quantity at each position. Someone to provide what Davis did for several years.....basic competence. At this point they really need to be striving for mediocrity.

This team doesn’t seem to understand you need vets. Go for a vet

The vet doesn't have to be a starter, though I'd prefer one. Need someone who's been there, done that' for all the looks a D can throw at an OL. Don't need to get a top 2 available OLman. Given the current OL group, 'average' is a significant improvement

How many more bodies are the Phins going to throw at this problem? I don't buy into this notion that the Oline needs a rebuild, what they need is an Oline coach.

You guys realize that Isaiah prince is starting for the bengals and held up against Joey bosa. I don’t think it’s a talent issue or that the GM is taking the wrong players. I think it’s a coaching issue

I see it as a numbers problem league wide. 32 teams mean 160 starting OL men, 64 at G and T and 32 centers. To go after the top 10 FA's in the coming year you're going to have to bring a Brinks truck to the party. Remember there are plenty of NFL teams with the same problems on the OL, and more money this year for them. The competition for FA's will be extremely tough. We have a lot of draft capital invested on the OL and a carousel at OL coach. My solution is Brinks the best OL coach there is, have him evaluate from there and adjust from there. This OL started off pretty good last year now they can't run on the Gainesville high cheerleaders, much less pass block. It has to be coaching.

My understanding is that this draft is expected to be strongest at OL and pass rusher. So I wouldn't be surprised if the draft lines up in a way that makes OL the most logical choice. I do also expect them to bring in one vet OL.

Our offensive line was better with Ereck Flowers. He wasn't insanely good but I do think his experience and skill is something this year's line misses.

Back
Top Bottom