Do we have a defensive coordinator? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have a defensive coordinator?

Can we win a SB

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I dont remember any signings but im not sure, do we have a defensive coordinator.. or is saban?? just a curiosity??

Yes, we have, i forgot his name..i guess he was from texans coaching staff..
though saban will have a finger, a big one, into this defense

I think he was a LB coach with Detroit. Rest assured, Saban is running it.

Smith spent the past two seasons as assistant head coach and linebackers coach with Detroit, was with Saban back in 1988-89 during Smith's first NFL coaching career stop when the two men both worked on the same Houston Oilers staff. At that time, Smith coached special teams and worked with the tight ends (1988-89), linebackers (1990-91) and the offensive line (1992).

Before joining the Lions back in 2003, Smith spent six campaigns (1997-02) with the San Francisco 49ers coaching the linebackers. Smith has also had coaching stints with the Denver Broncos from 1993-1996, coaching special teams and linebackers.
:wink:

Agua said:
I think he was a LB coach with Detroit. Rest assured, Saban is running it.

agreed,i don't care about the d-coord, it's sabans defense :D

BTW, do u speak portuguese? or spanish? U do know agua is water, don't u?

I think he was the doctor in the old show "lost in space."

oh i remember now, thanks for the reminder everyone.. i wonder if he will be up inthe booth or down on the sidelines with saban.

re: richard

I have to share that I had the pleasure of meeting this guy and sharing hours of conversation with him. He is a really great guy, with years and years of experience in football. Also around on that same night was Bobby the running backs coach and I think Huock was outside. That says a lot to me.

I think what Saban is building with this new coaching staff is commradry and open communication. Last year, our coaches openly disliked each other and well, when the chiefs in the teepee are confused, so will be the indians.

I dont think you have anything to worry about Richard. He brings a ton of experience, has worked with some of the best DL players in football, and is a really intelligent guy.

*just had to put my two cents in*
*go dolphins!*

Where were you when you met those coaches?? Was this some kind of function?? Do tell. :)

mellovesthefins said:
I have to share that I had the pleasure of meeting this guy and sharing hours of conversation with him. He is a really great guy, with years and years of experience in football. Also around on that same night was Bobby the running backs coach and I think Huock was outside. That says a lot to me.

I think what Saban is building with this new coaching staff is commradry and open communication. Last year, our coaches openly disliked each other and well, when the chiefs in the teepee are confused, so will be the indians.

I dont think you have anything to worry about Richard. He brings a ton of experience, has worked with some of the best DL players in football, and is a really intelligent guy.

*just had to put my two cents in*
*go dolphins!*

Coach Smith is that you...... :wink:

Richard Smith=Romeo Crennell

Glorified guy who just sends in the plays. Defensive coordinator in name only

re: smith

not at a function, just a standard watering hole/ right place, right time kind of situation. talked a lot about football, was impressed i knew so much for a cute girl LOL. but we also chatted a lot about other stuff, too.

hes not just going to be a mouth peice. he will be on the sidelines, too.

Back
Top Bottom