Do Yall Really Believe???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do Yall Really Believe????

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That it's going to be a wide open QB competition???? Do you think the guy who performs the best will actually get the starting nod no matter who that is.........Last year they were saying that Sage looked like the best QB in Camp/Preseason, but we all knew he didn't have a shot in hell at starting no matter how good he played. So even if we draft a QB this year do all 4 QB's have a legitimate shot at being the starter???? (I know one of them would probably be cut)

No, Feeley will probably get the nod and if Saban and his coaches (NOT camp reporters and fantasy GM's) don't feel that he can get it done then they will make what they feel is the best decision. "they were saying Sage looked like the best QB..." why don't you see this as a ridiculous reason to choose the starting QB?

outlawd2u said:
That it's going to be a wide open QB competition???? Do you think the guy who performs the best will actually get the starting nod no matter who that is.........Last year they were saying that Sage looked like the best QB in Camp/Preseason, but we all knew he didn't have a shot in hell at starting no matter how good he played. So even if we draft a QB this year do all 4 QB's have a legitimate shot at being the starter???? (I know one of them would probably be cut)

If we draft a QB this year I believe Sage, again, will have no chance in hell, AJ will get the nod just because of what we dropped on him last year and the fact that Saban said he wants to give him a legitimate shot and second chance, and Gus might start should AJ REALLY struggle, and our rookie will be learning and the most time he'll see is preseason. ALTHOUGH, it is SABAN coaching now, not Dave, aka, wedon't have an idiot coaching us anymore, so the best QB in camp could very well get the nod.

I just hope Saban is decisive enough to not go into the season and switch at half time in the opener like Wannstedt. When given this much time, Saban will be ready for week one and the team he puts out will be with cause and intent to be the same team at week seventeen.

HysterikiLL said:
I just hope Saban is decisive enough to not go into the season and switch at half time in the opener like Wannstedt. When given this much time, Saban will be ready for week one and the team he puts out will be with cause and intent to be the same team at week seventeen.

yeah, not to mention its hard to build a rapport, leadership skills, and a feel for your team in game situations when you play 2 quarters every game then get switched out.

Agent51 said:
If we draft a QB this year I believe Sage, again, will have no chance in hell, AJ will get the nod just because of what we dropped on him last year and the fact that Saban said he wants to give him a legitimate shot and second chance, and Gus might start should AJ REALLY struggle, and our rookie will be learning and the most time he'll see is preseason. ALTHOUGH, it is SABAN coaching now, not Dave, aka, wedon't have an idiot coaching us anymore, so the best QB in camp could very well get the nod.

If we draft a QB then this logic about AJ doesn't make much sense. If we take a QB with the #2 overall pick then that guy would OBVIOUSLY be the QB that's considered to be the Future here, and it wouldn't matter one bit what we gave up for AJ, so the BEST QB SHOULD PLAY untill that guy is ready. That means if Sage is the best QB in Camp/Preseason he should be the unquestioned starter, same goes for AJ, and Gus, and one of those guys should be cut(we don't need to carry 4 QB's) So the way I see it, all three QB's we currently have should have just as good of a chance of Starting AND getting cut(this is if we do take a QB at #2 which I hope we don't) Even if we don't take a QB the best player should ALWAYS play no matter where he was projected before the season/preseason started

Agent51 said:
if we draft a QB, Sage wont have a chance in hell because he'd be cut.

finsnchips said:
if we draft a QB, Sage wont have a chance in hell because he'd be cut.

You're probably right, but who's to say that he should be cut, what has he done to prove he's any worse than Feeley or Frerote?

outlawd2u said:
... what has he done to prove he's any worse than Feeley or Frerote?

wtf? Maybe Miami can trade him for a 2nd round pick???!!!!!!111eleven!!

outlawd2u said:
You're probably right, but who's to say that he should be cut, what has he done to prove he's any worse than Feeley or Frerote?
what has he done to prove he is better?

Feeley and Frerotte have both started in this league, Sage threw a long bomb against the Ravens, thats it.

The fact is that if we draft a QB then Sage will be the 4th QB, if we only carry 3 then he is the odd man out.

I agree with the best player should play no matter what, apparently Dave didn't get that, hopefully Saban does. And whats to say Smith, or ANY QB we draft, even turns out to be good? I have been sketched out on 1st round QBs since the Ryan Leaf incident, and they way our luck was last year we'd get Ryan Leaf jr. this year in Alex Smith if we took him

I think the only people that Saban wants to start are Frerotte and Feeley.

outlawd2u said:

Nobody know. Different coach now.

I think QB G. Frerotte will be starting in 2005....

QB AJ Feeley is not groomed in Linehan's system, and if he couldn't grasp the pre-school level offense we had under OC "what's his name??", how is he ever going to handle one as complex as the new one being installed??...

I'd like to see a tight race between the two, but in the end, Linehan will choose Frerotte over Feeley IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom