Do you get the impression the Dolphins drafted based more on fan perception? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you get the impression the Dolphins drafted based more on fan perception?

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
You know with the fallout coming up empty in the Manning, luck , flyn sweepstakes..That the dolphins felt like they had to reach a bit for RyAN to reduce the disappointment of coming up empty. Picking up the hometown pick Vernon. It seems the Majority now thinks that the dolphins need a big play wide receiver to fill BMarshall shoes..I think the egnew pick is to make Ryan look better along with the martin pick..

Thoughts?

you know with the fallout coming up empty in the manning, luck , flyn sweepstakes..that the dolphins felt like they had to reach a bit for ryan to reduce the disappointment of coming up empty. Picking up the hometown pick vernon. It seems the majority now thinks that the dolphins need a big play wide receiver to fill bmarshall shoes..i think the egnew pick is to make ryan look better along with the martin pick..

Thoughts?

no

That thought had occurred to me, especially with nut-jobs talking about burning down Irelands house, but I just think they have that much faith in Tannehill.....hope it works out.

As for Vernon, as I posted in another thread...that was a serious serious reach......

Nope, just more speculation. The press will continue to bash the new team for the mistakes of the old team. They are drafting to support the core of this team based on their scheme and bringing in younger players to play in the 2 deep rotation. I think they say the Wr's they wanted getting picked tried to trade up and could not so they then went with plan 1B and drafted other needs and picked up another pick. I like the Egnew pick for this team and Martin was steal. It will be a wait and see on Vernon. I am curious the the uproar for a top tier pass rusher. Is odrick moving to DT in the 4-3. I would think wake and odrick would be a great reminder of JT and Trace Armstrong!

And, once again..... Vernon is NOT a pass rusher.

He is considered very strong against the run, but only had 1.5 sacks in 6 games last year, and only 8 in three years with the Hurricanes.

If they did not only do they need to be fired, they need to be taken to the barn and shot.

No or they would have drafted a WR by now. They are drafting needs and bset players avaiable according to their board. I actually and happy with what they have done so far.

where do people get the idea we are not drafting for need. Do you really think we didn't need a young qb? You do remember columbo retired and carey is gone right? We needed help on the right side of the line. How many of you all have lamented the fact that fasano isn't a game changing te. Well we got one of those. Maybe it's that our needs are so obvious that even casual fans can see them.

I dont think we drafted the pass rusher and WR we were targeting. We still got good players that filled our holes. We will still draft a quality WR in the fourth round.

I liked Beguette DE from arkansas better then vernon and the pats got him. Vernon will still be a good player. I think thats the only thing I would have done different. This will be a better draft then last year in the early 3 rounds.

And, once again..... Vernon is NOT a pass rusher.

He is considered very strong against the run, but only had 1.5 sacks in 6 games last year, and only 8 in three years with the Hurricanes.

"
Vernon enjoyed his best collegiate season as a sophomore, starting 11 of 13 games and posting career highs in tackles (39), tackles for loss (10.5) and sacks (six). Having demonstrated a quick burst off the snap and a frame to intrigue scouts working for 3-4 and 4-3 teams, alike, Vernon appeared poised to enter his junior season as one of blossoming pass rushers in the entire country."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664433/olivier-vernon

Pretty sure they touted him as a pass rusher after the pick as well on ESPN (not that their word is gospel by any means). Also saw several other scouting reports claiming pass rushing as one of his strengths. Idk... I wouldn't just write him off as a pass rusher bc of his stats... he was only a sophomore when he registered 6.5... and that was in 11 starts, didn't play much his junior season. He's raw, but doesn't mean he can't develop. I'm not claiming it was a great pick, it sounds like he may of been there later... but give the guy a chance I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom