Do You Guys Believe Me About Tua Now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Guys Believe Me About Tua Now

Herbert is too mariotaish. I liked him last year but. It as much this year.

in what way? I haven’t watched enough Herbert to form an opinion. But that’s the second time I heard that

Knock off the personal attacks guys. Discuss the thread topic not each other

Consider this a warning

Don't reply just follow the rules

I've been high on Herbert all year, but I was thinking with our second #1.
As always, I'm looking for value. I'm not sure I'd select him in the top 5.

Not familiar Herbert or watched him play. Looked him up. Big guy. Can he move in the pocket? Can he shed defensive player like Big Ben or jalen hurts? Is he a runner or pure pocket passer?

Not familiar Herbert or watched him play. Looked him up. Big guy. Can he move in the pocket? Can he shed defensive player like Big Ben or jalen hurts? Is he a runner or pure pocket passer?
He’s more of a pocket passer. He has the ability to run, and does it well at times. Not Lamar Jackson well, but he can scramble when needed. He has a big arm, he steps up in the pocket, but still has work to do. I think he has a high ceiling, but I’m no nfl scout.

Pure pocket passer... Big Ben would be an appropriate parallel.
Herbert a “pure pocket passer” ? :lol: Shows you haven’t really watched the kid. He runs more than Tua does and Burrow.
He’s more of a better version of Tannehill.

Who knows who they are going to pick now. All those people who wanted the team to "tank" and were whining after each win while insulting those who were happy to see a little bit of improvement from the team must be partying like it's 1999. Even if the Dolphins did go 0-16, taking Tua probably would be off the table now anyway. The Dolphins will still most likely end up with a top 5 pick. Have to replace Tunsil, Minkah plus fill 20+ other spots but they have a bunch of cap space and picks so we will see. Hoping the Texans and Steelers crash and burn the rest of this season.

Last season, Herbert was arguably the 1st overall pick. Now he's being kicked all over the first round, and this is with a far better season than he had last year.

TuaMania has our minds fried.

Maturity and lack of wiry toughness always seemed like the legitimate questions. Meanwhile many of the people boasting today were the ones questioning whether he was good enough, which was ridiculous.

It was weird to me to watch it unfold. There was a Canes home basketball game at 2 PM. I watched Alabama noon game until late second quarter before departing for the basketball game. But I taped the football game. I always avoid sports new when I've taped something to watch later. The Tua injury was such big news it transcended sports and moved near the top of the overall news. Therefore I saw the headline and a photo of him being carried. Once I started watching the Alabama game again it was bizarre because the announcers had Tua shaking hands with all the offensive linemen, etc. after the prior drive. I was saying to myself, "Oh don't tell me it happened when they put him back in the game."

Tua was grinning and almost in a giddy mood during that pre drive huddle. Saban may not want to frame it that way but it certainly appeared Tua campaigned his way back into the lineup.

I think Tua needs to remain in school. Sometimes a serious injury convinces a star player to get into better shape than ever before. Tua needed that anyway. He is great enough to succeed heavily as more of a pocket passer than he's been.

I have no idea. I''m just glad I saw the early '70s. I don't expect another title within my lifetime. At least this tanking stuff was a legitimate attempt. That Eric Ebron play early in the Colts game is the one that may dagger our draft fate.

Herbert a “pure pocket passer” ? :lol: Shows you haven’t really watched the kid. He runs more than Tua does and Burrow.
He’s more of a better version of Tannehill.

I was thinking about Herbert Saturday and I even though I’m not a big fan I think he’d instantly be the second best QB in the AFC East. I don’t see anything that Allen or Darnold do better. Now that’s not saying much but still.

Last season, Herbert was arguably the 1st overall pick. Now he's being kicked all over the first round, and this is with a far better season than he had last year.

TuaMania has our minds fried.

Yes, he could have been the number 1 pick in a weaker QB class, but he is still worth considering. Herbert is such a gifted athlete, has so much arm talent that he will be hard to resist come draft day. I do like him much more than Allen as he seems to have better control over his passes. His weakness is where players like Tua and Burrow excel and why those players tend to go to the right place with masses more often than any other QB in college. With that said, neither of those two QBs has the natural gifts that Herbert has. If a team drafts Herbert, they need to make sure they design an offense early on that plays to his strengths while he is brought along to be a more well-rounded QB. The success the Ravens have had with Jackson should make taking these freak skilled players that are rawer as an overall QB less of a risk. Once again, it will come down to coaching and having a plan for that QB.

You can knock Tua for being fragile as i have done a lot. But, dunking on him after a very serious injury that will likely cost him a ton of money and possibly change the course of his entire career is pointless.

Back
Top Bottom