Do you guys believe that coaches save all the good plays for the reg season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you guys believe that coaches save all the good plays for the reg season?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hear this all the time and I really am ignorant literally on this subject. Do coaches in pre season games just send the guys out there with nothing? Is it possible that we have a bunch of great plays in the quiver just waiting for the regular season? I dont buy it really. But like I said I dont know. Any of you Sports Brainiacs know any inside dope on this subject.

Well I know for damn sure we didn't show all of our plays. Probably chose 20-30 plays to showcase and thats it. Just as the Jests are hiding the "Tebow playbook". Im sure we, along with the other 30 teams, are hiding some plays as well. Not only on offense but defense too.

Why does the play matter if the receivers dropping passes?

I'm sure they try to emulate the process that will be followed during the regular season for coaches and players alike. The idea is to see whether the players can excel in your system. I think the approach good coaches take is calling particular plays to put players in situations where they're actions can be evaluated, even if you don't think that's the ideal utilization of a player's skillset.

Back
Top Bottom