Do you know which player the fan's always love the most when their team is losing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you know which player the fan's always love the most when their team is losing?

Joe M. Omma

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's the backup qb of course.

i heard that the other day on some show and thought it was right on the money. furthermore, if the backup comes in and doesn't play well, then the most popular guy is the third stringer.

GO SAGE!!!

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
furthermore, if the backup comes in and doesn't play well, then the most popular guy is the third stringer.

GO SAGE!!!

oh no...its the original QB again, because people forget about the bad things and want the good points back....thus causing an endless loop of quarterback controversies:D

i wasn't really talking about jay. it's just so funny how the guy sitting on the bench is always looked at as a savior. it happened last year with lucas and this year with both griese and sage. every now and then the guy on the bench is tom brady or kurt warner. so i guess hope springs eternal, or something like that.

i think we should play both QBs. bring in Jay on 3rd with 2 plays. if he gets the 1st, he runs them both. then bring in Brian with 2 plays. if brian never sees 3rd down he never stops playing. if Jay converts he plays a lot. it could motivate them both. we could use both their strengths. it would give defences something to think about besides Ricky.

AC: If this were college, I'd like that plan. That sort of scheme never seems to work in the NFL, though.

Originally posted by A/C Dorsal
i think we should play both QBs. bring in Jay on 3rd with 2 plays. if he gets the 1st, he runs them both. then bring in Brian with 2 plays. if brian never sees 3rd down he never stops playing. if Jay converts he plays a lot. it could motivate them both. we could use both their strengths. it would give defences something to think about besides Ricky.

that's thinking outside the box!

Joe Omma. Are you a teacher or were you(religion teacher)?

My old teacher used to say that all the time.

Originally posted by Jaj
Joe Omma. Are you a teacher or were you(religion teacher)?

My old teacher used to say that all the time.

no, i'm not a teacher. but, i picked that up in a psych class. i vaguely remember a guy using a screwdriver in a way it wasn't intended. personally, i find it hard enough thinking while inside the box....

Jets fans dont want Pennington benched... Buccs fans don't want Brad Johnson benched.. Vikings fans are not yelling for Culpeppers head..

That assessment is wrong when talking generally about NFL.. Only a select few of teams that have below average QB's.. Miami is one of those teams with those QB's..

I don't buy that argument one little bit. When Jay was coming off of an 11-5 year last year, some Dolphins fans were actually pimping RL as a superior option. Jay has never had a fair chance with a lot of my fellow Dolphins fans simply because he wasn't Dan Marino (and because Danny boy favored Damon Huard and not Fiedler). I can't say if any of you fit this description, but these people are out there. Simply put, they disgust me.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
I don't buy that argument one little bit. When Jay was coming off of an 11-5 year last year, some Dolphins fans were actually pimping RL as a superior option. Jay has never had a fair chance with a lot of my fellow Dolphins fans simply because he wasn't Dan Marino (and because Danny boy favored Damon Huard and not Fiedler). I can't say if any of you fit this description, but these people are out there. Simply put, they disgust me.

I stick with you on that.

There was a certain amount of people who bashed Fiedler regardless of what he has done or not.

In Phins-land it was not about the backup QB it was "bash Jay at all cost". Any QB..even Drug'em'miller aka "I can hit the cheerleaders" was a preferred option for those....

Now, most of them are quiet, some joined the intelligent fans and admit (even if it is only half-hearted) that our problems lay with OL, WR and play calling mostly, and you have still the few hardcores who have not seen Brian being sacked, fumble and our O go TD-less in 9.5 quarters.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
:yes:

Back
Top Bottom