Do you see it now? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you see it now?

To be fair, most of us had high expectations from this team and coach coming into the season, and for good reason. The defense finished the season #1 in a few key areas and top 5 in others, and Tua was progressing and showing improvements throughout camp...and we had picked up 2 speedy receivers, one a proven commodity and the other seen as pretty much automatic for a rookie. And we saw improvement from a few OL players last year that were returning. All-in-all, we all had high expectations, and rightfully were disappointed to the fullest with a 1-7 start. That 1-7 start can be laid flatly on the coach/staff. They earned it. Even with Brisket, we shouldn't have started worse than 3-5 or 4-4...we should be sitting pretty at 9-4 right now, right in the thick of the race for the bye.

They've also earned praise for turning it around such as they have, but that doesn't excuse the trend of starting the season poorly, every season. Our defense should have NEVER been 32nd in the league after 8 games this year, in several categories...there's just no excuse for that. None whatsoever. When you're returning almost all the same players and coaches, and don't have devastating injuries to starters, that kind of drop can only be for one reason. HC.

They've earned another crack at it in 2022, but some things will have to change, namely OL coaching and a better start to the season. Grier will have plenty ammo to shore some of that up in FA, and I think most of us expect it. If they start off 22 like 21, them fellers should be gone. I expect 1 or both OCs to return next year, and with a year of scheming for Tua under their belt, the offense shouldn't take as long to get clicking (ya I know, Brissett...still). This year was new OC(s), new offense, and that takes time to get wired. If either OC or both return, they won't have that excuse.

As most of you know, I’m a Bills fan.

And back when you were 1-7 (or something like that), I told many of you that you have a good roster and the right coach.

Many of you bashed me.

Do you believe me now? I hope so.

Flores is a good coach and you have a good roster. Need a few more pieces to be a Super Bowl contender but you’re NOT far away at all.

Five game winning streak is pretty damn sexy!

Beating mostly teams with losing records doesn’t prove anything yet…so many knee jerkers are quick to think that a 5 game streak based mostly the above erases a 7 game losing streak!

Let’s let the last 5 games playout before we make a judgement….doesn’t that make more sense?

What if they lose the next 5?

Will you still support this regime?

I want to see them finish a turn around first!

Flores still has some Joe Philbin in him and he's shown the capability of having his foottball team have really good stretches but he still has holes as big as Keith Traylor when it comes to things like RB evaluation, QB management, choosing and developing his OL, and managing the last few minutes of the game against actually good teams. He's proven he's not Rich Kotite or Cam Cameron, but the league is and has been filled with guys whose team is capable of winning 8-10 games every year but who just don't have all the requisite skills to get a team into that tier of regular contenders like the Bills have now.

For all the optimism we have looking at a 5 game winning streak the reality is we'll probably finish another season having outplayed what the expectation might have been or become early in the season, but being just good enough to not be good enough to make the playoffs.

Not being good enough, even by a thread, is not good enough.

Beating mostly teams with losing records doesn’t prove anything yet…so many knee jerkers are quick to think that a 5 game streak based mostly the above erases a 7 game losing streak!

Let’s let the last 5 games playout before we make a judgement….doesn’t that make more sense?

It would appear most of the experimentation with a different defensive scheme is over...I believe they've moved up into a new threshold in play, in that they should win at least 3 of their last 4. If they do that or better, I'll still support 'em 100% going into 2022. Hopefully after tomorrow night we'll have the longest winning streak going in the AFC, and they should be able to continue it a while...if they're who I think they are anyway.

And nothing short of making the playoffs erases the 7 game losing streak. They own it (the coaches). There was no excuse for it, IMO.

Flores still has some Joe Philbin in him and he's shown the capability of having his foottball team have really good stretches but he still has holes as big as Keith Traylor when it comes to things like RB evaluation, QB management, choosing and developing his OL, and managing the last few minutes of the game against actually good teams. He's proven he's not Rich Kotite or Cam Cameron, but the league is and has been filled with guys whose team is capable of winning 8-10 games every year but who just don't have all the requisite skills to get a team into that tier of regular contenders like the Bills have now.

For all the optimism we have looking at a 5 game winning streak the reality is we'll probably finish another season having outplayed what the expectation might have been or become early in the season, but being just good enough to not be good enough to make the playoffs.

Not being good enough, even by a thread, is not good enough.
might make the playoffs. The biggest thing is seeing young players develop and show to be franchise players. That's huge for the future. That happens, then maybe will be set up to be perennial playoff contenders and will get in and do well. Of course would like to see this progress happen faster but not unusual for it to take 3 years especially with a young qb.

might make the playoffs. The biggest thing is seeing young players develop and show to be franchise players. That's huge for the future. That happens, then maybe will be set up to be perennial playoff contenders and will get in and do well. Of course would like to see this progress happen faster but not unusual for it to take 3 years especially with a young qb.
Young players developing and a coach getting over the hump are two different things.

Mediocre coaches aren't devoid of good things happening on the field. The difficulty comes in making that nean something.

Young players developing and a coach getting over the hump are two different things.

Mediocre coaches aren't devoid of good things happening on the field. The difficulty comes in making that nean something.
Miami could still make changes with the coaches such as o line coach and offensive coordinators. But for young players to look good is huge, so this matters. You get young talent to develop as good players is a great chance for miami to be a good team for years. And just get better coaches next season.

As most of you know, I’m a Bills fan.

And back when you were 1-7 (or something like that), I told many of you that you have a good roster and the right coach.

Many of you bashed me.

Do you believe me now? I hope so.

Flores is a good coach and you have a good roster. Need a few more pieces to be a Super Bowl contender but you’re NOT far away at all.

Five game winning streak is pretty damn sexy!
Maybe…..Just Maybe you have an overrated QB. I mean if you can’t beat a team that only attempted 3 passes in a game…..Your QB might be overrated. Especially on that last throw. I’ve been saying that since last year.

Do you believe me now?

Fair.

What if we finish 3-2?

Maybe…..Just Maybe you have an overrated QB. I mean if you can’t beat a team that only attempted 3 passes in a game…..Your QB might be overrated. Especially on that last throw. I’ve been saying that since last year.

Do you believe me now?
Excellent clap back Zim!

Tua makes the correct read and hits that wide open slant to Beasley. That’s all I’m saying

Do you believe me now?
he is good but definitely overrated.

He is also the biggest F**&ing baby next to tom brady.. He is constantly begging for a flag especially roughing the passer. screw him and the bills too

The MVP on paper anyways choked on the 4th down throw that ball wasn’t even close and he didn’t attempt 3 passes all game (he tasted the wind with his arm) he had to have known that to get that ball to his WR would have been near improbable

The IT factor I don’t kno yet but he still has a lot more Cam Newton than A Ridgers in his game

Back
Top Bottom