Do you take Quinn if he's there? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you take Quinn if he's there?

do we take Brady Quinn if he falls?!? are you kidding me?.....hell yes we take him, it would be a miracle if he fell to the 9th spot

If he is there at nine, and we fail to take him, I will probably need to find a new team to root for. I still have visions of "the Miami Dolphins select cornerback Jamar Fletcher..." when Drew Brees was still on the board.

Yeh, I think you have to if he's still there. He has the right mix to be a good QB, and any time you can draft a potential franchise type QB.....you do it. Especially if you're the Miami Dolphins, the one team that NEVER takes a chance on a QB.

Id take him, but how much would it cost to move up and get Russell? I was thinking our first and next years first would be the price. Is that about right?

I think he might be worth it.

Id take him, but how much would it cost to move up and get Russell? I was thinking our first and next years first would be the price. Is that about right?

I think he might be worth it.

Personally I don't think that Russell is that much better than Quinn, if at all. If I had the first pick, Russell would probably be my guy, but trading a first rounder next year is too steep a price to pay. We need all the young talent we can get.

Absolutely NOT!:tantrum:
In his 2nd year playing for a coach considered to be an offensive genius, Quinn regressed. He has looked terrible in big games.:goof:
In fact there was a quarterback five years earlier, who had a similar style of game, was heavily promoted for the Heisman, yet did not win it, just like Quinn. Except this quarterback from five years ago looked a lot more impressive.:tongue:
Well lets see we have this quarterback on our roster. :wink:
In my view Brady Quinn is a less impressive quarterback than Joey Harrington.
So bottom line if Joey does not really have the ability to lead the team to great things(which is the general opinion), then no way would Brady Quinn be able to.

Despite what the above poster thinks, I think getting a player of Quinn's caliber at #9, would be a great pick. I really don't see many similarities between Quinn and Harrington at all, except neither won the Heisman. Quinn is a much better passer and all around athlete than Harrington in my opinion.

Absolutely NOT!:tantrum:
In his 2nd year playing for a coach considered to be an offensive genius, Quinn regressed. He has looked terrible in big games.:goof:
In fact there was a quarterback five years earlier, who had a similar style of game, was heavily promoted for the Heisman, yet did not win it, just like Quinn. Except this quarterback from five years ago looked a lot more impressive.:tongue:
Well lets see we have this quarterback on our roster. :wink:
In my view Brady Quinn is a less impressive quarterback than Joey Harrington.
So bottom line if Joey does not really have the ability to lead the team to great things(which is the general opinion), then no way would Brady Quinn be able to.

Difference between Harrinton and Quinn is that Harrington was never much above a 50% passer in college. Quinn is a 60+% passer if Im not mistaken.

I dont see the tools to be great in Quinn, I think he will be a starter but not elite.

Brady Quinn at 9? Heck yes you do...

The wildcard? Adrien Peterson(RB Okla) is he runs a 4.2-4.3 forty. Al Davis will starting drooling.

Remember this the Steelers and Chargers had hellified ground games and simply added a mid & high rd QB. One had SB win, the other had Marty:D

Brady Quinn at 9? Heck yes you do...

The wildcard? Adrien Peterson(RB Okla) is he runs a 4.2-4.3 forty. Al Davis will starting drooling.

Remember this the Steelers and Chargers had hellified ground games and simply added a mid & high rd QB. One had SB win, the other had Marty:D

Considering the fastest 40 at the combine was a 4.32 set by Fabian Washington, I somehow doubt Adrian Peterson will come close. If he can combine his running style with a strong workout and anything close to a 4.3x.. he'll shoot up.

Detroit is our wildcard, IMO. If they truly believe Kitna is their QB, they might take a franchise LT in Joe Thomas

There is no way Quinn is still available at nine. I cant fathom The Raiders picking Peterson over him. Moss is the "star" and he has done nothing but complain about the Qb's last yr. So I dont see them not wanting to try and make him happy.

Back
Top Bottom