Do you take Quinn if he's there? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you take Quinn if he's there?

Absolutely NOT!:tantrum:
In his 2nd year playing for a coach considered to be an offensive genius, Quinn regressed. He has looked terrible in big games.:goof:
In fact there was a quarterback five years earlier, who had a similar style of game, was heavily promoted for the Heisman, yet did not win it, just like Quinn. Except this quarterback from five years ago looked a lot more impressive.:tongue:
Well lets see we have this quarterback on our roster. :wink:
In my view Brady Quinn is a less impressive quarterback than Joey Harrington.
So bottom line if Joey does not really have the ability to lead the team to great things(which is the general opinion), then no way would Brady Quinn be able to.

I didnt think it was possible to compare Quinn to Harrington, wow. And his numbers dont say that he regressed in his 2nd year with Weis.

There is no way Quinn is still available at nine. I cant fathom The Raiders picking Peterson over him. Moss is the "star" and he has done nothing but complain about the Qb's last yr. So I dont see them not wanting to try and make him happy.

The Raiders have also been quietly shopping Moss.

Yeah I agree we need some hope in a young quarterback instead of getting all these free agent scrubs.

I would like to see Miami move up a few spots in the draft some how and get a lock on Brady Quinn

I have a feeling Quinn will be there for us at #9 with his "knee injury".

Think of it this way. In his press conference, Cameron stated he is a believer of starting w/ the C, QB, FB, RB, and building the team outward. Therefore, if Quinn is available at #9 I can't see how Cameron won't pounce. Albeit it is Muellers call, but they will be working together. Also Mueller likes taking atleast on Qb a draft, so he could pull the trigger.

Think of it this way. In his press conference, Cameron stated he is a believer of starting w/ the C, QB, FB, RB, and building the team outward. Therefore, if Quinn is available at #9 I can't see how Cameron won't pounce. Albeit it is Muellers call, but they will be working together. Also Mueller likes taking atleast on Qb a draft, so he could pull the trigger.

Also consider that Mueller has scouted Quinn in the past for us. He's very knowledgeable about him. Keep in mind, this was in the past:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/photos/13272335.htm

If he was there at #9 I trade down and get more picks....

Ya I would look for a team that needs a QB and trade with them to get more picks but if we couldn't find a trade partner then I would take Quinn!

After this season and the bowl game I am not as sold as I was last year! However he knows a pro offense and he has proved enough that he can be an effective QB so I think he would be a welcome addition!

No thanks on Quinn coming to a veteran team... I'm not a believer yet that Daunte Culpepper is "washed up" just yet.

Problem with that is... the organization has been the Dan Marino isn't washed up since the Jax playoff game either.

The time has come, left, and come back to draft a franchise QB. :dolphins:

If he is there at nine, and we fail to take him, I will probably need to find a new team to root for. I still have visions of "the Miami Dolphins select cornerback Jamar Fletcher..." when Drew Brees was still on the board.

I think both of us would be on suicide watch at the same time. For years now I have been waiting to hear on the first day that the Miami Dolphins have selected a QB. Pass on Quinn, and its pretty simple, the Ghost of Marino will forever haunt this team.

Back
Top Bottom