Do you think Fiedler could take the Jets to a winning record? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Fiedler could take the Jets to a winning record?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If something happens to Penny and he cant play for the season, do you think Fiedler could bring the Jets to the playoffs?

We all know how limited he is, but he had a winning record with us every year except this past season..

Thoughts?

I don't think he could win like he did in Miami at least looking at short term because he isn't familiar with their offense like he was with ours.

I think he can. You say he's limited, but that team has been running a very limited offense, he could handle that pretty easily. Really the QB on the jets just has to focus more on 'not throwing the game' then he does winning it. He's just got to hand the ball off to martin and make his little dump off passes like penny does. then there you have it, there in the playoffs.

NOTE: Obviously if the jets don't have a running game with old-man martin and there new offensive scheme gets more complicated, i don't think fiedler has a chance. But as of right now, i think he could do it.

NO. The it was defense that made fielder's winning %. The jets don't have what we gave him all those years here. He actually would have to perform, not barely manage the offense.

NYinBostonFin said:
NO. The it was defense that made fielder's winning %. The jets don't have what we gave him all those years here. He actually would have to perform, not barely manage the offense.

i personally don't believe pennington does more then manage the offense. Granted, he manages it well, almost never throwing picks sometimes. but hes not much better with them then fiedler was with us.

Good question, Skape.

I think that if Chad wasn't able to play and Jay stood in for the season, the Jets wouldhave to depend on winning by playing defense. If you look at Jay's winning record, he did so when he could depend on having a defense who could effectively keep the scoring down and in an offense in which he was asked to just no lose the game. If the Jets can mount a running game and control the ball in that way and on defense, Jay could be counted on not to lose too many game.

Jay doesn't win games in the manner of Manning, Elway or Marino. His saving grace is that will rarely lose the game for you by making too many stupid mistakes (more often than not..hence the winning record).

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yes. The Jets have a pretty solid team. He would do fine.

I disagree, it's no different. People have figured out how to beat Fielder. Stack the line to: 1) stop the running back and 2) keep fielder in the pocket. That's how you keep Fielder from winning. Now sometimes the line will give Jay enough time to pass, letting him win a game, but it's rare. I think if he played 16 games starting for Jets, he could still go 7-9, but that's all

WHO CARES!

All I know is Jay is not a Dolphin and that makes me one "HAPPY CAMPER"!

Saban4prez said:
i personally don't believe pennington does more then manage the offense. Granted, he manages it well, almost never throwing picks sometimes. but hes not much better with them then fiedler was with us.

Pennington has shown that he can win a game if it is on his shoulders. We would never have wanted the game to be left in fielder's hands the entire time he was here.
Also Pennington has shown to be a more than decent player in the playoffs. Fielder was PATHETIC.

Back
Top Bottom