Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002?

Originally posted by dolphan39
All those req'ts are meaningless if we cannot run (because our OL sucks again) and we cannot stop the run (i.e. playoffs 2001). If RW has a great year like he did last year and Chester, JT, Tim Bo and DG play all year and shut down the run, then Jay has no excuses.

Well ya the RW factor was such an obvious one I figured I didn't have to mention it lol. Jay's job however doesn't rely on the defense. Jay's got a solid contract now and will be expected to perform those numbers under Turner's offensive season or we will see next years rookie QB by the middle of next season.

Let me put it ro you this way. Look at Jay's Numbers compared to Kordell Stewart's and Tom Brady's from this past season. Who was better?? But by POPULARITY Brady and Stewart recieved PROBOWL HONORS. JAY SHOULD have been there over both of those players. He has more heart, and toughness, AND better numbers than those 2 fruitcakes!

Originally posted by chambers84
Let me put it ro you this way. Look at Jay's Numbers compared to Kordell Stewart's and Tom Brady's from this past season. Who was better?? But by POPULARITY Brady and Stewart recieved PROBOWL HONORS. JAY SHOULD have been there over both of those players. He has more heart, and toughness, AND better numbers than those 2 fruitcakes!
Kordell got there for that MNF game ag. the Ravens w/Plaxico; and Brady got there for amongst other things being the QB that beat us and got NE the AFC East :(

Brady din't get the Patriots anywhere in the AFC EAST. The only reason they won it was beause their defense played so great against Indianapolis twice, HOW MANY INTs did they have a Manning???, and their game at home against MIAMI where we had so many turnovers, (like 3 I think...NONE were Jay Fiedler's fault. that we couldn't come back to win. Brady is WAAYYYY overrated, and the Pats will find out that Brady isn't such a savior that they think he is. I don't care for Bledsoe, but he is better than Brady!!! New England did make out on theat trade though, because they save $$ on the Cap, and the Bills will still suck so they will still get a top 15 first round pick in 2003!!!

breckenridge, the Dolphins have one of the deepest WR groups in the league. Ward played well at the end, and McKnight besides a few drops played well too. Gadsden is slow but he still had 700 recieving yards. Also, Fiedler had 20 interceptions or something like that, which is inexcusible. Fiedler is gone after two seasons guaranteed (even if he plays well which he won't, the contract is heavily backloaded and Miami won't be able to take the hit). Dorsey will be drafted next year and start in his second season.

Re: Do you think fedlier will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002?

Originally posted by dolphinators13
I am not a big fan of Jay. i think he is the reason that the Dolphin wont win a superbowl till he is gone. and i dont want to hear the crap that he had a bad season last year because he had no running game, and a o line. bc the year before we did have a running game and a good o line a he still threw only 14 td and 14 ints and 8 ints in two playoff games! i think if he has the same season he did in his frist to years a QB he should not start at QB in 03! what does every 1 think?
So tell us Dolphinators13, if Fiedler has a bad season who are you going to start ? McNown is a possibility but that would depend on what kind of camp and preseason he has this year. I just find it sooo amusing that some of you Dolphin fans STILL cannot accept Fiedler as the Dolphins starting qb ! Yeh maybe we should have picked up Grbac last season or maybe even J George,,,, those would have been two good moves ...:confused: :rolleyes: Marino1983

vandolphin- "Marino telegraphed handoffs so everyone had a step on the RB"

nice call van...i'll never doubt the greatness that was dan marino, BUT...in 17+ years, you think he could've worked on that?

This year the offense will be better because Gailey was so predictable. If Goodwin was in, we ran, if Weaver was in, it was a pass. It was one of the worst run offenses I have ever seen in my short life.

I will tell you who are Qb should be in 04 if fedlier has a bad year. we should either draft ken dorsey or e manning. or give cade a chance to prove him self fedlier just doesnt do it for me i dont see why most dolphins fans think he is good. in his first to years a a phine he has thrown over 40 ints including the post season. he just cant beat the good teams look at all the teams we have lost to this year. ram san fran, pats,jets, all playoff teams. i dont care if fedlier leaders 4 quarter come backs. its his fault we are down in the first place. he blows all the important game this year jets. phins on the jets 9 yard line fedlier drops back to pass int!! he can not win important games and agianst good teams this year and last year prove it! i will never except him as the dolphins Qb!

dolfan... fedlier did throw 8ints in two playoof game 4 vs. the colts. and 4 vs the raiders.

Wanna bet on it dolphinator?
Date-Opp-Att-Com-Yards-Tds-Ints-Rating
01/06/2001 at OAK 37 18 176 0 3 28.7
12/30/2000 vs IND 34 19 185 1 3 44.4

http://www.nfl.com/matchups/last5/FIE053391.htm

Bad numbers yes, but remember, he was playing with 1/2 of an arm.

Jay Fiedler is a good QB that has average talent that makes him look worse that he really is.

Average talent? Are you calling Chris Chambers average? And BTW, Gadsden, McKnight, and Ward aren't great but they are above average for the roles they play. Fiedler is an average QB who looks good because of the talent around him.

Also, are you calling Ricky Williams average? He is also arround Fiedler. Fiedler is the average one, who has a way above average RB and above average WRs with an average offensive line.

Fiedler has never played with Ricky Williams. We haven't seen him play with him.

Our offensive line was below average at best. Our running game was abismal. Gadsden was hurt for a lot of the year, and it hurt his jumping ability. Chambers is good, but he was a #3 receiver and could only run basic routes. McKnight above average for a #2 receiver? Hardly! Ward was very clutch, but did not play a consistant role in our offense. That = Average at best. Remember, Gailey sucks too.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
I will tell you who are Qb should be in 04 if fedlier has a bad year. we should either draft ken dorsey or e manning. or give cade a chance to prove him self fedlier just doesnt do it for me i dont see why most dolphins fans think he is good. in his first to years a a phine he has thrown over 40 ints including the post season. he just cant beat the good teams look at all the teams we have lost to this year. ram san fran, pats,jets, all playoff teams. i dont care if fedlier leaders 4 quarter come backs. its his fault we are down in the first place. he blows all the important game this year jets. phins on the jets 9 yard line fedlier drops back to pass int!! he can not win important games and agianst good teams this year and last year prove it! i will never except him as the dolphins Qb!

dolfan... fedlier did throw 8ints in two playoof game 4 vs. the colts. and 4 vs the raiders.

Man this is some funny reading material! It's fans that have this point of view that make me hope Fiedler stays.......and they go away!

IT'S A TEAM GAME........

Back
Top Bottom