Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Fiedler will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002?

dolphinators13

Comon Mannnn
Reaction score
Do you think fedlier will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002?

I am not a big fan of Jay. i think he is the reason that the Dolphin wont win a superbowl till he is gone. and i dont want to hear the crap that he had a bad season last year because he had no running game, and a o line. bc the year before we did have a running game and a good o line a he still threw only 14 td and 14 ints and 8 ints in two playoff games! i think if he has the same season he did in his frist to years a QB he should not start at QB in 03! what does every 1 think?

It was his friggen first year as a starter! If you didn't see improvment last year, than I dunno what you were watching.

He didn't throw 8 ints in 2 playoff games. It was either 3 each or 3 and 2. He will start this year, and next year. Please get used to him. He's above average.

I think Jay will be just fine this year.
The Fins don't ask alot from him so if he has a poor season and they can't place blame on a bad/injured OL or WR corp then yes I think that Dave,Rick and Norv will look into upgrading thr position.

If Jay is healthy and plays like he did for large portions of early 2002 when he threw loads of INT (his fault or not), I think the Fins sh/would look elsewhere or to Cade or our #1 in 2003.

2001 he played well until he got hurt. Latter portions of 2002 he played well. Give him Norv and a running game and Jay will be fine as long as he is healthy.

The big question will be will we draft a QB #1 next year to replace Jay in 2004. But who cares about that now.

:D

Originally posted by Dolfan984
By the way, he didn't have a bad season last year. He was 13 in QB ratings. Above Average.

This time you are right 984. :D Jay had the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the entire league last year. That shows guts, determination and leadership! The man`s a leader and a winner. Now if he can firm up the other 3 quarters a tad.............

They asked a hell of a lot out of him last year!

You're right they did, but I'm saying in the game plans going into each week they wanted to run the ball and control the clock, so in that respect they weren't asking alot from him. It just turned out that they didn't HAVE a running game so he had to carry more of the load, and I felt he did a good job.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

This time you are right 984. :D Jay had the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the entire league last year. That shows guts, determination and leadership! The man`s a leader and a winner. Now if he can firm up the other 3 quarters a tad.............

What do you mean this time I am right? ;) Yeah, Jay is very underrated. (Maybe not by a lot of people on this board heh)

What do you mean this time I am right? ;) Yeah, Jay is very underrated. (Maybe not by a lot of people on this board heh)

BTW..........Shmedley P. Riffinfelder is a name we made up as kids. :p We had some fun with it eh? :lol:

Re: Do you think fedlier will be are QB next year if he has another bad season in 2002?

Originally posted by dolphinators13
I am not a big fan of Jay. i think he is the reason that the Dolphin wont win a superbowl till he is gone. and i dont want to hear the crap that he had a bad season last year because he had no running game, and a o line. bc the year before we did have a running game and a good o line a he still threw only 14 td and 14 ints and 8 ints in two playoff games! i think if he has the same season he did in his frist to years a QB he should not start at QB in 03! what does every 1 think?

Who did he have to throw too when the running game was good? And when you say it was good it actually was only above average.

Your barking up the wrong tree here, and this comes from someone who actually wanted Lucas as the Qb two years ago.......

He will be here at least two more years, and the QB CANNOT win a SB by HIMSELF, just ask ol Marino

Two years ago, not only did Jay have no WRs, but he played a good portion of the season with both his arms hanging from their sockets. The fans continued to boo him. And he never said a word, about the pain or the booing.

This team is Jay's team. I believe he will have a solid year. The only thing I worry about is the team learning the new offense. And Jay will be learning his 8th offense in 9 seasons. So continuity and timing might take a little time. But as long as it's down pat by Sept 22!!

Jay has to have a 4000 yd season and a 1.5 : 1 touchdown/interception or he won't be the starter next season. Especially if Chris Carter signs and McMicheal turns in a solid rookie performance. He will have no excuses. He will have a pro bowl caliber RB, 2 star WR's (if CC signs), A solid slot reciever in Orende and a burner in Mcknight and one of the best offensive minds in the game in Turner. If he meets my requirements then he will be a starter next year. Either way I think we will take a QB in either the 1st/2nd round next year (depending on where ricky's pick lands) just because that class of QB next year could rival the class of 83 if the underclassmen come out. We will draft one regardless just because we will be tight under the cap and being able to cut Jay in 2004 will save us a bundle compared to a rookie/2nd year QB.

Back
Top Bottom