Do you think Marcus Vick will be a first rounder next year? (Assuming he declares) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Marcus Vick will be a first rounder next year? (Assuming he declares)

Buddwalk said:
hasnt started really...doubt he'll even go day 1

I dunno.. I think the VICK name would certainly make him a DAY 1 pick, regardless.

If he plays well and consistently and shows as much skill as Mike Vick, he would.

I believe that he would need 2 years of very good play to even be considered as a 1st rounder. It was very telling that Virginia Tech played a lot better without him in 2004.

How is this guys arm? I haven't seen much of him, If he has an arm anything like micheal he will go in the first day.

imo he won't declare next year. mike left primarily for financial reasons; marcus doesn't have that worry. that, and he hasn't even started a game yet. tech's struggles in '03 were more on beamer and the way he handled the qb situation- vick should have been named the starter after they beat miami, but beamer start alternating them and that's when the bottom fell out. this coming year, all of the offensive pieces are in place for vick to thrive, so if he does have a monster year, there is a possiblity that he could leave, but i wouldn't bet on it. when he does leave, he'll go day 1 no doubt.

He is fast and has a strong arm though not as strong as big bro but all the bad things in Mike are worse in Marcus he is a punk and its as dumb as a brick.

I've seen him play, wasn't he beat out before his trouble anyway. But I agree, he is a punk! And it's not easy getting into trouble in Blacksburg! It's in the middle of nowhere!

SkapePhin said:
I dunno.. I think the VICK name would certainly make him a DAY 1 pick, regardless.

worked for eli with the name manning but he also played amazing 4 years at ole miss while vick hasnt shown anything yet...even if he has an amazing year which i doubt cause his arm is weakers than his brothers and his accuracy is worse...He'll be a day one pick if he has an amazing year...but not a 1st round pick especially with Leinart Coming out

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I've seen him play, wasn't he beat out before his trouble anyway. But I agree, he is a punk! And it's not easy getting into trouble in Blacksburg! It's in the middle of nowhere!

he didn't get beat out, the qb coach siad that he would have likely been #1 on the depth chart before last season if he had kept his nose clean. i think punk is harsh- i've shot the breeze with him couple of times around town (not like fan-player talk) and i haven't gotten a punk vibe. imo he has been spoiled by all the red carpet treatment blacksburg gives him and he thought he was invincible.

Phishstix said:
he didn't get beat out, the qb coach siad that he would have likely been #1 on the depth chart before last season if he had kept his nose clean. i think punk is harsh- i've shot the breeze with him couple of times around town (not like fan-player talk) and i haven't gotten a punk vibe. imo he has been spoiled by all the red carpet treatment blacksburg gives him and he thought he was invincible.

Vick has as much chance of being drafted first round as the guy that holds the ball for the PK at Temple.

Get off the Vick nutz, he isn't that good. He would not have beaten out Randall, he would have been a slash player again last year if he could have been mature enough to stay out of trouble. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom