Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs?

Do you think Miami deserves to be in the playoffs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, if we win out...

Gotta win the first one first!

Last edited:
the only team we have no chance against is KC so I think we belong if we make it in

Before the season started many agreed this was a very tough Schedue.

Miami started hot at 3-0, lost to the Patriots...where pretty much everyone either loses or barely wins.

Were in position to beat the Bengals, even with at the time not known badly injured Tannehill, until the injury became impossible for Ryan to even move is arm.

Tannehill out for five weeks, but worst then that, the Backup was Oswieler, who even as a backup is a huge stretch.

Tannehill comes back, and wins 2 of 3 (should have been 3 of 3 games with a better Defense).

Though any one of the remaining games could de-rail Miami, if they manage to win all 3 (10 games might be enough), then if they don't deserve to be in the playoffs, i don't know who does.

Nah not even close, it wasn't a good roster before it got beat up

Though if we beat the Viks and Jags? Then I'm clearly very wrong

So given how fickle everyone has been with this team throughout the year, I have to ask. Do you think, if Miami can make the playoffs, do they deserve to be there?

I mean for the past few weeks we have seen MANY people call for Gase's head on a platter. Of course Tannehill is a fault for one thing or another. And Burke is the devil incarnate. But after the win on Sunday you would think no one doubted this team all during the year.

Don't get me wrong. I know there is the argument that so long as they are in the playoffs they belong there and anything can happen in the playoffs. But we all know that there are teams who get in every year that don't belong there just due to how the seeding works in the NFL. And given how inconsistent Miami has been this year it is not hard to imagine they would be one of the teams that would get in due to the way the NFL places teams in the playoffs.

So what do you think. If they get in, do they deserve to be there?

I think you should expand that 'if.'
Let's say Miami misses the playoffs at 8-8. There are a lot lot people who think Miami isn't even an average team (they 'stink,' 'awful,' 'trainwreck'). If they finish 8-8, do they deserve to be ranked as an average team?
Personnaly, I agree with others - if they get there, they deserve it, by definiton. None of this 'backed in' - someone will. None of this 'they got lucky in a game or two' - most do. And I don't want to hear - 'only because of a missed FG, or dropped pass.' All teams can say that.
Get in according to rules . . . they deserve to be there.

29th total offense, 29th total defense. They've been doing it with smoke and mirrors. For me its not about whether they deserve to make the playoffs, its how much success should be expected of them if they make it.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2001 with 19th ranked offense and 24th ranked defense.
Rankings all go out the window when the playoffs start. It a whole new season if you make it.

If they make it, then they absolutely deserve to be there. Now that's an entirely different story than being "for real" -- got to win a playoff game to get that kind of respect.

However, considering all the injuries and coaching issues we've had this year.... Making the playoffs and at least putting up a fight would be a huge deal to me.

If they get in, they deserve to be there.

But I also think if they do get in, it's going to be as the team that will look like they never deserved to be there in the first place (and every year there's a team or two like this in the playoffs, e.g. Bills last season). It will be a swift exit in a likely relatively non-competitive game, especially if that ends up being at NE.

But again, if you made it, you deserve to be there.

Nah not even close, it wasn't a good roster before it got beat up

Though if we beat the Viks and Jags? Then I'm clearly very wrong

I disagree with this, roster does not determine whether you are a true playoff team. There have been many teams with Rediculusly talented roster, who have done nothing, and pretty pedestrian rosters that have achieved the playoffs with ease.

Even then, Miami's roster was comprised of on offense.. Frank Gore...Kenyen Drake...Danny Amendola...Jakeem Grant...Devante Parker (I know severe under achiever, but too much talent to to put here)...Albert Wilson...Kenny Stills...Josh Sitton...Jawaun James...Laremy Tunsil...And Ryan Tannehill

On Defense...Willian Hayes...Robert Quinn...Cameron Wake...Devon Godchaux...Akeem Spence...Kiko Alonzo...Xavien Howard...Bobby McCain...Minkah Fitzpatrick...Reshad Jones...TJ McDonald...Andre Branch.

And Special teams of Players like...
Jason Sanders...Matt Haack...John Denny.

May not be a great Roster, but more solid roster then many teams inthe NFL.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2001 with 19th ranked offense and 24th ranked defense.
Rankings all go out the window when the playoffs start. It a whole new season if you make it.

100,000% this.

If Miami can shore up some critical deficiencies, there is potential to be a somewhat dangerous team. I'm not saying this team is a championship contender, but they can do some damage if they can figure out how to clean up 3rd down issues on both sides of the ball.

On defense, IMO that starts with new personnel packages that get Kiko off the field. I love Kiko, but he is not good as a cover guy on 3rd and long.

On offense, it starts with Gase calling a more aggressive game and instructing his quarterback to take chances.

They are too inconsistent. I smell a blowout first round loss if we somehow sneak in. This thought is poop though if we win out or lose 1 but that's a pipe dream.

You just described EVERY team in the hunt for the final playoff spot.

29th in offense and defense. I mean maybe we’d be top 25 with tanny those 5 games instead of Brock whose bringing down the curve. But on that alone the answers no we don’t deserve it.

I just want to know are we gonna get our ass kicked on both los these last 3 games.

Cause that’s where our fortunes lie.

Back
Top Bottom