Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Think Miami Belong In The Playoffs?

Do you think Miami deserves to be in the playoffs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why not?...it’s a league of parody...anybody can get hot...click...and go on a run...it’s why the NFL is far more interesting than the NBA or Major League Baseball...leagues with clear “haves and have nots”.

If Ryan Tannehill has truly raised his game to an elite level...despite our injury list...anything can happen.

It's a bottom line league, so if they make it, it means they belong there. Especially if they follow last week's game with a win on the road this week.

Did the 2016 Dolphins feel like a playoff team? If your answer is no then I can't accept your judgment for a very obvious reason.
A fringe playoff team at best. Miami got on that run with Jay Ajayi having a few monster games. Similar to 2018 in that Miami found ways to win.

4 games against the Jets and Bills certainly helps...

I do agree with this, but @ Buffalo in December isn't easy for anybody. I think the only reprieve Miami might get is that the Bills have been mostly dreadful this season and the fans might not show up in numbers.

Sure they would deserve it. *

* 8 divisions in the league outside of the West only one team in each division has a better record.

* 32 teams in the NFL, 22 teams have same or worse record than Us

So it should go without saying that a playoff visit is very justifiable due more to the fact that most of the league outside of a small handful like, Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Pats (lol), are just as inconsistent and middle of the road as us, and judging by win loss and how its done we are pretty much more in the drivers seat at this point than most..
I think Us in the Hunt says more about the league than our Team. Few top shelf teams and the rest to fill in the holes...

My point from a few days ago has been proven already...that we would acknowledge the Patriots win as fortunate for a very brief period. Then it would be banked as a given, and we'd go back to bemoaning the Bengals and Colts defeats.

The scoreboard loves Adam Gase. That could never be emphasized enough. Nothing in his three seasons aligns with the won/loss record he owns, except the final score of the games. Every time I watch games not involving a Dolphins, a 40 or 45 yard field goal seems so routine. But I'm thinking if the Dolphins are on defense the one place that ball doesn't go is smack down the middle. It either misses or barely sneaks inside either upright. Some of it is pressuring the kicker but some of it is an incredible run of good fortune this team is enjoying, particularly deep in the fourth quarter as games are decided. Bill Simmons described that Patriots game as the biggest giveaway in Belichick's tenure in New England. Impossible to disagree, and we were the beneficiary.

The Dolphins are not a playoff caliber team by any measure of the most important statistical categories I have followed since 1987. I'd still like to see them in the playoffs anyway. If everyone else in a golf tournament is disqualified, you have to be entered to bogey every hole and win it.

However, I know darn well that if everything were switched around and the current Dolphins were actually the current New York Jets, then this forum would be mocking the Jets for ruining their draft pick and keeping their quarterback.

It's funny how when the Patriots win games with very fortunate things happening to tip the scales in their corner (And it has happened quite a bit), they are just great, yet, when Miami does it, they are just fortunate.

If it happens once or twice, that team was fortunate, if It becomes a trend, maybe...Just maybe that team (Talking about Miami, as Well as NE) might actually be far more then fortunate...There may be a reason why Miami never hardly ever loses close games (8 points or less).

Miami absolutely needs more consistent blocking, more aggressive passing, a bit more awareness from Tannehill or whomever the QB is, a more consistent defense, but what this team does is try to keep the game close, then take it, and with Tannehill at QB, they actually do that very well.

What is more dangerous then a very talented team? A team that will not quit, will play to the whistle and beyond, and is in the process of very dangerously seeing their confidence grow with each game.

I think yes. It will teach this team what they're capable of even while suffering so many injuries. They'll be that much more confident when healthy....if ever.

But I'd say I blame at least 2 losses on injuries, maybe 3. We'd either be winning the div or the very least securing a wc spot

No we are not a playoff team. We do not "beat" other teams. They find ways to beat themselves. How many wins do we have decided by 1 possession? A lot.

True competitive playoff teams should be able to throttle an opponent every once in a while

No we are not a playoff team. We do not "beat" other teams. They find ways to beat themselves. How many wins do we have decided by 1 possession? A lot.

True competitive playoff teams should be able to throttle an opponent every once in a while

At least we have a QB making 4th quarter comebacks!

Back
Top Bottom